Aesthetic Sensibility or Pretentiousness?

Started by Eddie Teach, October 06, 2009, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where on the scale does your sensibility lie?

Closer to Timmay
6 (19.4%)
Closer to Spellus
14 (45.2%)
I REFUSE to answer!
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Neil

Quote from: Agelastus on October 06, 2009, 02:19:00 PM
On the grounds that I appreciate both anime and Shakespeare, which I believe means I would have to tick both of the first two options in the poll.
Spellus hates Shakespeare, unless it is read in what he says is the original Russian.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Spellus reminds me of people that memorize Klingon.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Agelastus

Quote from: Neil on October 06, 2009, 02:25:20 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on October 06, 2009, 02:19:00 PM
On the grounds that I appreciate both anime and Shakespeare, which I believe means I would have to tick both of the first two options in the poll.
Spellus hates Shakespeare, unless it is read in what he says is the original Russian.

Ah, I see.

I was overinterpreting Peter's "broad versus elite" line, then.

[Yes, I know Shakespeare did not start out as "elite", it was popular entertainment originally. But then so were operas.]
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on October 06, 2009, 02:14:51 PM
I don't really know how the poll options are supposed to compare to the options in the thread title.

The title is basically "What do you call option 2?" Sorry for the confusion.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Queequeg

I have voted.   :ph34r:

Shouldn't it technically be Aesthetic Sensibility: Timmyness or Pretentiousness? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

BuddhaRhubarb

the two poles you offer in this poll aren't that palatable to much of Languish, but definitely Spellus for me, with less of a Russo-phileyness.
:p

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on October 06, 2009, 01:37:30 PM
Closer to Spellus, definitely. It's remarkable that we often like (or at least know) the same books and movies.

Spellus may be insane but he is no philistine.  :cool:

But you actually are an uncultured boor.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Timmy once recommended a great book to me. I also like the same Anime he likes. I think we'd like a lot of the same things. :)
I want my mother fucking points!

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

I only care about the Sensibility of Sea Monsters.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."