Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Martinus = Fahdiz

I had to kill the difficulty down for the first time last nite. Giant spiders of hell.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

So I restarted as a "good" mage.  :blush:

On this playthrough I am planning to pick party members based on the biggest story potential (i.e. which companion is going to take the biggest "personal interest" in any part of the story, either for good or for bad).

So far I could think of the following:
- Wynne and Morrigan for Circle of Magi
- Wynne and Zevran for Dalish Elves
- Shale and Oghren for Orzammar
- Alistair for Redcliffe
- Alistair and Zevran for Denerim
- Lellana for Urn of Andraste

Any other suggestions?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sophie Scholl

Does Alistair have much with the Mage's Tower as a Templar?  He wasn't in my party at the time so I don't know.  I do know that Leliana got some influence change with my decisions with the demon influenced Templar.  I've only been through the Dalish area, the Mage's Tower, and Soldier's Peak.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Winkelried

Quote from: Martinus on November 27, 2009, 06:28:30 AM
So I restarted as a "good" mage.  :blush:

On this playthrough I am planning to pick party members based on the biggest story potential (i.e. which companion is going to take the biggest "personal interest" in any part of the story, either for good or for bad).

So far I could think of the following:
- Wynne and Morrigan for Circle of Magi
- Wynne and Zevran for Dalish Elves
- Shale and Oghren for Orzammar
- Alistair for Redcliffe
- Alistair and Zevran for Denerim
- Lellana for Urn of Andraste

Any other suggestions?

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Alistair, Leliana and Wynne are suitable for the entire Redcliffe and Urn of Andraste questline if you play a do-gooder, otherwise not so much.

Shale "likes" mages, might be interesting in the Circle of Magi.

Leliana has her personal quest in Denerim, and as a cut purse/pick pocket has a big opportunity to increase your supplies.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Cecil

Wynne has her personal quest in the elven woods. Might keep that in mind.

Martinus

Ok, so to update, I went with (SPOILERS)

Circle of Magi: Morrigan (personal quest/item), Wynne, Alistair
Denerim, pre-Landsmeet: Alistair (personal quest), Lellana (personal quest), Zevran (personal quest/assassins)
Redcliffe: Lellana, Alistair (personal quest), Wynne

Planning to do Andraste with Alistair, Wynne and Lellana (i.e. my do-gooder commando)

Cecil

Anyone done the summoning side quest in the mages tower after you run through?

If you pickpocket the dude that appears on the fourth summoning (named Arl Foreshadow ;))you get a hint of DAO2 or an expansion or whatnot.

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on November 28, 2009, 04:01:13 AM

Denerim, pre-Landsmeet: Alistair (personal quest), Lellana (personal quest), Zevran (personal quest/assassins)

Planning to do Andraste with Alistair, Wynne and Lellana (i.e. my do-gooder commando)

Spoilers:
You can give the personal item to Morrigan after the Tower, even if she isn't there when you find it. Also, for Denerim assassins, Zevran pops out to join you even if you don't bring him along, as long as he's in your camp (his approval of you determines what he'll do).

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on November 28, 2009, 05:10:25 PM
The city elf origin quest is: satisfying. :menace:

Yeah, I liked it a lot. Just wait till you get back to the Alienage in the late part of the game - you will be: satisfied more.  :D

Martinus

Quote from: Solmyr on November 28, 2009, 06:48:21 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 28, 2009, 04:01:13 AM

Spoilers:
You can give the personal item to Morrigan after the Tower, even if she isn't there when you find it. Also, for Denerim assassins, Zevran pops out to join you even if you don't bring him along, as long as he's in your camp (his approval of you determines what he'll do).

I meant the banter with the assassins that want to hire you. And the part about the tower is irrelevant - same goes for most "plot items" but nonetheless it is more fun to have them along since they offer comments and dialogue (for example if you have Morrigan with you in the tower, she talks to you about the grimoire just as you enter it).

You seem to have missed the point of my party planning.

Martinus

Quote from: Cecil on November 28, 2009, 06:47:10 AM
Anyone done the summoning side quest in the mages tower after you run through?

If you pickpocket the dude that appears on the fourth summoning (named Arl Foreshadow ;))you get a hint of DAO2 or an expansion or whatnot.

Yeah, pity I didn't have anyone who could pickpocket him so the guy just disappeared.