Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Cecil on November 21, 2009, 02:14:39 PM
The Wynne nightmare I found to be bugged to hell and back and apparently the Shale nightmare is a gamebreaker for some reason.

Are playing a PC or a console version? I didn't have any problems at all with Wynne (haven't done Shale).

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on November 21, 2009, 02:17:12 PM
Someone told me its possible to bypass the Circle Fade level entirely with the right dialogue options? Is this true? :unsure:

Why would you do it? It has stat boosts equivalent of like 3 levels.

Grallon

Been trying all fucking morning to install that POS software that is the Toolset.  <_<  Actually the problem seem to lie mostly with SQL - of which I know nothing of.  The Social Network Site (yet another 'great' product) is full of gnashing of teeth about this too. 

Gods below how I loathe it when game tools are released that are nightmarisly cryptic to install/operate.  I wonder if the basement nerds derive some sort of orgasmic pleasure in making things complicated!?  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2009, 02:27:14 PM
Quote from: Jaron on November 21, 2009, 02:17:12 PM
Someone told me its possible to bypass the Circle Fade level entirely with the right dialogue options? Is this true? :unsure:

Why would you do it? It has stat boosts equivalent of like 3 levels.

I dislike the Fade. :(
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Cecil

Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2009, 02:26:43 PM
The Wynne nightmare I found to be bugged to hell and back and apparently the Shale nightmare is a gamebreaker for some reason.

Are playing a PC or a console version? I didn't have any problems at all with Wynne (haven't done Shale).

Playing the PC version. I managed to get the Wynne thing rebooted 4 times before the result stuck.

garbon

The Wynne nightmare I found to be bugged to hell and back
Yeah I had that with Wynne and with Morrigan.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Cecil

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2009, 02:45:14 PM
The Wynne nightmare I found to be bugged to hell and back
Yeah I had that with Wynne and with Morrigan.

Now that you mentioned it first time I did Morrigan I got stuck in geography but at least I didnt get the reload bug.

Syt

Finally finished the Fade. And am now back in The Fade.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

I nominate "licking the lamppost in winter" the weirdest ever euphemism for having sex. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on November 22, 2009, 12:50:11 AM
I nominate "licking the lamppost in winter" the weirdest ever euphemism for having sex. :lol:

What's so weird in comparing sex to licking phallic stiff objects? :P

Martinus

Also, my group now consists of Sten, Morrigan and the Dog. They (excepting the dog) are really bad influence. They forced me to kill Wynne. :(

Syt

Quote from: Martinus on November 22, 2009, 02:51:36 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 22, 2009, 12:50:11 AM

What's so weird in comparing sex to licking phallic stiff objects? :P

Well, my reply to Alistair ("Have you ever licked a lamppost in winter") was: "I licked my share, and then some."
Alistair: "That's a rather disturbing image."
I almost fell off my chair. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sophie Scholl

Made a human female that looks just like Natalie Portman.  These female-female scenes will be more interesting now!  :perv:  :lol: Odds are I'll end up having to scrap her though, as I made her a rogue instead of a warrior, and I'm not a big fan of rogues.  I do love their persuade abilities though. :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

Finally got around to redeem my freebies (Stone Prisoner, Rings etc.), btw. Turns out I had deactivated the game's updater (something I usually do to not have loads of useless junk running in the background). Runs fine now. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould