Anyone else looking forward to Dragon Age? (Spoilers and plot discussion here)

Started by Berkut, October 06, 2009, 08:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Syt on December 08, 2014, 05:07:45 PM
Finished the game at ca. the 50 hour mark. It's a very good yarn.
at 50hrs, you missed half the quests, and half the dragons.  Did you kill the one in Orzammar's throne room?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

IIRC, in my first playthrough, I killed Loghain myself, in my second, I let him live and had Allistair marry Anora.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Quote from: viper37 on December 09, 2014, 12:56:30 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 08, 2014, 05:07:45 PM
Finished the game at ca. the 50 hour mark. It's a very good yarn.
at 50hrs, you missed half the quests, and half the dragons.  Did you kill the one in Orzammar's throne room?

Oh, I know I missed a lot. I was primarily interested in seeing how it ends, after 5 years. I think I'm under 40% complete, but that's also because I haven't started any of the other Origins on my Steam copy.

I will finish Awakening next and then probably move on to DA2 (I know it has a weak reputation, but it appears that general opinion has softened a bit by now).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Scipio

Well, fuck. If you complete Sera's quest before Cullen asks to meet with you and Cassandra, it cuts off Cullen's quests. WTF. Bug, apparently, but low on the fix list.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

Quote from: Scipio on December 09, 2014, 03:45:59 PM
Well, fuck. If you complete Sera's quest before Cullen asks to meet with you and Cassandra, it cuts off Cullen's quests. WTF. Bug, apparently, but low on the fix list.

I presume this was for the Inquisition thread? :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

Probably half way through DA: Awakening. Enjoying it, despite its dumping of a dozen or two quests on you at once.

I like the new characters, though I'm not happy with Oghren's regression from redeemed loser back to disgusting boozer. Doing the "Blight Orfans" quests because they're funny (and very obviously not from orphans).

Though nothing made me laugh more than how the kitten gift ("Ser Pounce-A-Lot") shows up in your inventory. Like it's looking out between your stack of stuff, confused and mewling. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

You have inspired me to want to play DA:O again. Of course, as is now my affliction (:blush:), I'll be doing so with some mods.  Found this which seems to have a nice set of popular ones.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/1awc6t/so_you_want_to_mod_dragon_age/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

I haven't played with much mods.  I'm tempted to go back to it.  Not sure I'll find the time though.

Syt

2/3 into the fight with the Mother, and the game decides to crash. THANKS BIOWARE
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Well, the end was a bit anticlimactic, though it threw in a few neat concepts around the Darkspawn.

Golems of Angmarrak: meh. Adding two giant characters to your party that are constantly in the way DOES NOT HELP!
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on December 13, 2014, 12:05:05 PM
Though nothing made me laugh more than how the kitten gift ("Ser Pounce-A-Lot") shows up in your inventory. Like it's looking out between your stack of stuff, confused and mewling. :lol:

Aw. :wub:

Syt

Finished Witch Hunt. Much better than Golems of Angmarrak, and the banter between Ariane and Finn was pretty amusing.

Basegame, Awakening, Golems and Witch Hunt now total at 70 hours for me.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: garbon on December 13, 2014, 06:47:26 PM
You have inspired me to want to play DA:O again. Of course, as is now my affliction (:blush:), I'll be doing so with some mods.  Found this which seems to have a nice set of popular ones.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/1awc6t/so_you_want_to_mod_dragon_age/

I've been continuing to move along (really want to play Awakening that I never played). I really just have Brecilian Forest and Orzammar left. I think my interest is going to flag though, as those are my least favorite parts. -_-

Also, bit weird using that equal gender thing, how easy it was to seduce Alistair. Of course, makes me annoyed that they ever code in gender restrictions as it would have been trivially easy to have Alistair actor read same lines with "man" inserted (or just edit to replace "woman" with "man") as there isn't anything in his romance dialogue that would prevent easily opening it up to both genders.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Orzammar, esp. the Deep Roads is just an overlong slog. Brecilian Forest I don't mind too much. It has a few decent ideas and a mild dilemma at the end, and it's not nearly as long as Deep Roads.
—Stephen Jay Gould