News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tax list humour

Started by Slargos, October 23, 2009, 05:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

In Norway, you can search the government's tax records and see what Ola Nordmann made last year after deductions, and a few other assorted statistics. Every Norwegian that pays tax is in there.

If a search should end up with no results, a message returns saying "Found 0 people"

A search on "Chuck Norris" however, returns this:

http://skattelister.no/skatt/sok/?q=Chuck+Norris&x=36&y=1

Translated for the Scandiweenically impaired:

"You don't find Chuck Norris. He finds you."  :D

Viking

This is evil. Burglars use this to find out who to rob, as it includes addresses.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: Slargos on October 23, 2009, 05:50:50 PM

:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Strix

Quote from: Viking on October 23, 2009, 05:54:52 PM
This is evil. Burglars use this to find out who to rob, as it includes addresses.

You should see the Wake County Tax site. It gives names, addresses, values, and a lot of the time the floor plan of the residence.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Viking

Quote from: Strix on October 23, 2009, 08:58:23 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 23, 2009, 05:54:52 PM

You should see the Wake County Tax site. It gives names, addresses, values, and a lot of the time the floor plan of the residence.

Slargos' gypsie friends are on their way.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

I never really understood why that info is public. I'm sure there's a great reason but I have no idea what it is.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

The German form for the electronic tax declaration is called "Elektronische Steuererklärung" or short: "ELSTER", the German name of the magpie bird, proverbial for its thievery and love for shiny objects. "Diebische Elster", thieving magpie is a standing expression in German.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Octavian

Quote from: Slargos on October 23, 2009, 05:50:50 PM

:lol:

Norwegians with a sense of humor  :huh:
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Viking

Quote from: The Brain on October 24, 2009, 02:33:21 AM
I never really understood why that info is public. I'm sure there's a great reason but I have no idea what it is.

[the argument for]The purpose of the list is to open up data so the issue of taxes can be discussed in a sensible and rational manner.[/the argument for]

[the argument against]Fine, so anonomize the list![/the argument against]

Viking

The police have found a plot to threaten to kidnap the children of millionaires if they don't pay 150,000 NOK on halloween. The police belive that the tax lists were used to identify the victims.