The Gathering Storm

Started by Slargos, October 01, 2009, 03:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Quote from: grumbler on October 02, 2009, 12:09:11 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on October 02, 2009, 09:55:06 AM
No, but you have on Jordan's writing!!!
So have about 119,275 other people!!!!oneoneone

Shall we say you have been, ahem, more "vehement" in your opinions than most of those other 119000 people?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

jimmy olsen

You at any of the fansites Age?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Agelastus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 02, 2009, 04:47:40 PM

For The Wheel of Time? No. I keep my theories to myself. :)

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Agelastus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 02, 2009, 05:05:03 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on October 02, 2009, 04:57:23 PM

Why?

No special reason. I've just never been drawn to any of the fansites the way I was drawn to Paradox and then to Languish. For example, I don't get particularly worked up about "who killed Asmodean" or "what happened to Moiraine". The first is irrelevant, the second was 99% obvious almost from the start.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Ed Anger

I'm sure George RR Martin stirred at the news but that was to reach for another case of Ding Dongs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Agelastus on October 02, 2009, 05:10:16 PM

Why?

No special reason. I've just never been drawn to any of the fansites the way I was drawn to Paradox and then to Languish. For example, I don't get particularly worked up about "who killed Asmodean" or "what happened to Moiraine". The first is irrelevant, the second was 99% obvious almost from the start.
Graendal

Stuck in the Land of the Aelfinn and Eelfinn.

There's a lot more to argue about besides that though.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Agelastus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 02, 2009, 05:25:45 PM

Why?

Graendal

I did say "for example"; I agree there's a lot more to argue about, but I'm sorry, I've never felt the need to add my tuppence to the discussions.

Besides, we should be getting some of our questions answered soon.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Agelastus on October 02, 2009, 05:28:06 PM

Why?

Graendal

I did say "for example"; I agree there's a lot more to argue about, but I'm sorry, I've never felt the need to add my tuppence to the discussions.

It's more fun to argue about it and then gloat over what you got right.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Agelastus on October 02, 2009, 05:28:06 PM

Why?

Graendal

Yeah, in ten years when the last book comes out.
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Agelastus on October 02, 2009, 04:34:56 PM
Shall we say you have been, ahem, more "vehement" in your opinions than most of those other 119000 people?
Shall we say "bullshit" until you provide some examples?  I don't care enough about Jordan, this new guy whatsisface, or the series to get vehement.  I suggest you look among your fellow fanatics for the vehemence.  My objection to the series was simply that Jordan wandered off the track of clear plotting and incorporated too many storylines.  It isn't like I have been waiting with bated breath for the next book or three, though.  Unlike the Martin books, I am not especially distraught by the idea that these books never got properly finished.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Agelastus

Quote from: grumbler on October 02, 2009, 06:51:47 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on October 02, 2009, 04:34:56 PM
Shall we say "bullshit" until you provide some examples?  I don't care enough about Jordan, this new guy whatsisface, or the series to get vehement.  I suggest you look among your fellow fanatics for the vehemence.  My objection to the series was simply that Jordan wandered off the track of clear plotting and incorporated too many storylines.  It isn't like I have been waiting with bated breath for the next book or three, though.  Unlike the Martin books, I am not especially distraught by the idea that these books never got properly finished.

Shall we say "how can I provide the examples when they were on the old board"? When/if the old board becomes available, I shall be most happy to track down your comments on the subject of Jordan's writing.  :)

Since yours are the ones that have particularly stuck in my mind, I am certain they were harsher than you recollect.

And having looked at Wikipedia on Martin earlier, I would say from the publication dates of his work that you are going to have to be very, very lucky to see that finished in the author's lifetime.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Cecil

Quote from: Agelastus on October 02, 2009, 07:18:44 PM

And having looked at Wikipedia on Martin earlier, I would say from the publication dates of his work that you are going to have to be very, very lucky to see that finished in the author's lifetime.

The fatso will be dead and buried long before he finishes ASoIaF. :lol:

Thats assuming he doesnt just announce heĀ“ll quit writing it and go back to collecting toys full time. ;)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Agelastus on October 02, 2009, 04:33:46 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 02, 2009, 12:54:12 PM
Quote from: Caliga on October 02, 2009, 12:41:28 PM
Also, not enough hot chicks.
Which series are you talking about? Anyways they're literary creations, they're as hot as you want them to be.

All three of them, presumably. They were definitely a let-down in that respect compared to sixties sci-fi, or even that of the eighties (STNG first season miniskirts... :wub:)

1 Karma Chameleon point