News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World’s oldest hominin skeleton found

Started by jimmy olsen, October 02, 2009, 08:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Tamas on October 03, 2009, 04:56:45 AM
As a future history teacher, you need to explain that sentence of yours.

Seriously.

Give it a rest.  If you knew the overall quality of our public school teachers, Tim is the last one you'd worry about :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 02, 2009, 12:51:33 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 02, 2009, 11:37:20 AM
Another victory for SCIENCE!
It doesn't have to be an either or competition.

Seriously.

He simply didn't write it correctly: It doesn't have to be an either/or (or either-or) competition.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 03, 2009, 12:51:23 PM
Anyone who's cared to pay attention these last six years would know that I believe in both, though I don't see how my belief in evolution or God would come in a history class.

What about in an English class?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Lucidor on October 03, 2009, 03:45:59 AM
Bah, I demand to see the two missing links between this one and the apes and the next hominid respectively! :angry: :contract:
Didn't Tim post his picture some time ago?  :huh:

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 02, 2009, 12:21:21 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 02, 2009, 10:36:39 AM
HomoniD, homonym is a word with the same sound but different meaning.
Keep up with the times, it's been hominin for years

http://archaeology.about.com/od/hterms/g/hominin.htm
Except not really.  When a hominin is exactly the same as a hominid, but they changed it for the express purposes of being a bunch of cunts, then hominid remains the correct term.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on October 03, 2009, 01:47:14 PM
Bah, I demand to see the two missing links between this one and the apes and the next hominid respectively! :angry: :contract:
Given the size of the lower half of your face, I would think that you wouldn't make any cheap shots about an ape-like appearance.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Lucidor

Quote from: Neil on October 03, 2009, 01:53:54 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 02, 2009, 12:21:21 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 02, 2009, 10:36:39 AM
HomoniD, homonym is a word with the same sound but different meaning.
Keep up with the times, it's been hominin for years

http://archaeology.about.com/od/hterms/g/hominin.htm
Except not really.  When a hominin is exactly the same as a hominid, but they changed it for the express purposes of being a bunch of cunts, then hominid remains the correct term.
Isn't the correct feminist terminology humynid

citizen k

Queequeg

Seriously.
Tamas, you live in Majaristan.  How many religious people have you met in your life?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

PDH

I look forward to Tim's wonderful additions to the Physical Anthropological Knowledge Base once he finishes his Anthropological studies.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

I'm sure TimTim will find the time to get in not-too-risky adventures and foil the plans of some not-too-evil crooks along the way.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Queequeg on October 03, 2009, 07:14:17 PM

Seriously.
Tamas, you live in Majaristan.  How many religious people have you met in your life?

The very first class with my high school history teacher, quoting him:
"You may be descendant of apes, but I am not". So we skipped through the whole stone age stuff.

And no, creationism can't be tolerated, because if you treat it as an alternative to evolution, you are dragging down evolution to it's level, and that is plain wrong, since evolution is a scientific fact.

The Brain

I think you're missing the point here, Tampax. The problem isn't creationists, the problem is Americans. Americans cannot be tolerated.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Fireblade

Quote from: Neil on October 03, 2009, 01:54:52 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 03, 2009, 01:47:14 PM
Given the size of the lower half of your face, I would think that you wouldn't make any cheap shots about an ape-like appearance.

homo polonis