News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2010 Could Easily Be Disastrous For Democrats

Started by jimmy olsen, October 01, 2009, 02:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 03, 2009, 12:27:59 PM
Just because people can figure out what an acronym stands for doesn't always mean it's useful.

:rolleyes:

Primary care physicians
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Strix

Quote from: ulmont on October 03, 2009, 11:24:22 AM
It's a significant step closer to having the government directly owning the means of production?

I misunderstood what you were trying to say here. I was thinking the citizens as single payers and not the government. I believe we are both on the same side on this part of the issue.

Quote from: ulmontI think you are nitpicking a bit here, but for a directly relevant example:  universal health care -> less emergency room visits as primary care -> better emergency room care for all in true emergencies.

I do not agree that this would play out accordingly with universal health care. Medicaid covers a significant portion of the poor in our country. And yet many of the problems that universal health care claims to solve are not solved by Medicaid.

I believe that illegal immigrants are a major issue when it comes to universal health care. Will it be given to them without any questions asked? If not than many of the financial issues now facing emergency rooms (and therefore hospitals) do not go away.

Also, the poor often are forced to go to the emergency room because many primary care providers won't take Medicaid (or make it very difficult to get an appointment in a timely manner). This may not change with universal health care unless the government is going to mandate what health care providers must do. And if that is the case they could do it know with Medicaid instead of creating a whole new government organization.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

garbon

If only we could throw out and keep out all the illegal immigrants
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Strix

Quote from: garbon on October 03, 2009, 03:17:01 PM
If only we could throw out and keep out all the illegal immigrants

What an insightful response! Do you perhaps have any plan on how to pay for health care for illegal immigrants to go along with that?

Many hospitals are failing and emergency rooms closing because illegal immigrants don't pay their bills and they aren't covered under Medicaid.

Let them stay or don't let them stay. Either way a solution to the problem created by a large segment of the population which doesn't support the services it consumes must be found.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

garbon

Strix

Quote from: garbon on October 03, 2009, 03:25:48 PM
Post something that is worthy of our time. :)

I knew you didn't have a response. It would require some thought on your part.

ulmont

Quote from: Strix on October 03, 2009, 03:01:53 PM
Also, the poor often are forced to go to the emergency room because many primary care providers won't take Medicaid (or make it very difficult to get an appointment in a timely manner). This may not change with universal health care unless the government is going to mandate what health care providers must do. And if that is the case they could do it know with Medicaid instead of creating a whole new government organization.

Well, a Medicaid or Medicare for all would have been a better proposal IMO.  But you go to war with the Congress you have and all that.

garbon

Quote from: Strix on October 03, 2009, 03:26:43 PM
I knew you didn't have a response. It would require some thought on your part.

Wrong, darling. I just can't be bothered to waste my brain cells on you. :(

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 01, 2009, 06:20:34 PM
QuoteHave you any details of what these are?
Reid's high speed Vegas-LA rail line, Pelosi's wetlands protection something or other.  Grabon could tell you better than I, he got a post card from Pelosi listing all her fabulous pork for the year.
They announced the high speed rail lines a couple of days ago.  The list is here:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/files/documents/100128_1400-HSRAwards-Summary_FRA%20Revisions.pdf
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

QuoteOH Cleveland - Columbus - Cincinnati Midwest $ 400 This investment will fund a number of projects across the state,
including track upgrades, grade crossings,

About fucking time. The rails here are falling apart.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Fate

Looks like pure government patronage towards 2008 Blue/Purple States.  :rolleyes:

Jaron

A Vegas-LA rail line is NEEDED. The drive is a bitch. Took me 9 hours last New Years.  :yuk:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Quote from: Jaron on January 31, 2010, 06:03:51 PM
A Vegas-LA rail line is NEEDED. The drive is a bitch. Took me 9 hours last New Years.  :yuk:
9 hours? what are you an old asian women?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Vince

Quote from: Fate on January 31, 2010, 05:38:10 PM
Looks like pure government patronage towards 2008 Blue/Purple States.  :rolleyes:

It's about damn time!  :yeah: