And we're back!

Main Menu

Netanyahu Outmaneuvers Obama?

Started by Savonarola, September 30, 2009, 10:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on September 30, 2009, 11:41:39 AM
Quote from: Berkut on September 30, 2009, 11:32:23 AM
It's not like Hillary wouldn't be getting schooled by everyone else as well. She had no more experience at this stuff than Obama.

Now McCain...

...did not get your vote :contract:

His own fault. I wanted to give it to him, but he had to go and spurn me for some two-bit idiot with nice legs.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 30, 2009, 11:29:34 AM
Didn't Netanyahu used to bald?

he does look like he's starting to develop a thicker comb over from that shot. He's always had a very wispy why are you even bothering combover.
:p

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on September 30, 2009, 11:44:30 AM
His own fault. I wanted to give it to him, but he had to go and spurn me for some two-bit idiot with nice legs.

I knew you & grumbler would bail on him even before Palin hit the scene.  Anyway, enjoy that community organizer president you voted for!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 30, 2009, 12:27:25 PM
also would not have faced down Bibi.

It'd be fun to see those two square off, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on September 30, 2009, 12:30:15 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 30, 2009, 12:27:25 PM
also would not have faced down Bibi.

It'd be fun to see those two square off, though.

"And wave'em like you just don't... can?"
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

McCain also has no serious foreign policy creds. It isn't like if McCain was in office he'd be putting people in their place left and right. Obama do the right thing and cut ties with Israel.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on September 30, 2009, 11:32:23 AM

Now McCain...

Yeah,when he visited a foreign country they locked him up for five years.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on September 30, 2009, 11:00:09 AM
I thought Al-Jazeera was supposed to be really objective and stuff?
No.  It's supposed to have good reporting.

This article does point out the obvious fact that for a US president trying to influence Israel's behavior the levers are not that easy to pull.  My guess is (anyone know for sure?) some or all of the $3 billion a year in aid is tied to the Camp David treaty. 

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 30, 2009, 11:31:13 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 30, 2009, 10:56:41 AM
That grin is reallys starting to grate on me.  US president is supposed to be the alpha male, not a sleazy salesman.

Shoulda put a Hil on it.

dps

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 30, 2009, 11:05:28 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 30, 2009, 10:56:41 AM
That grin is reallys starting to grate on me.  US president is supposed to be the alpha male, not a sleazy salesman.

Sleazy salesman is why he's president

Yep.

Obama reminds me a lot of my stepfather--and that is NOT a compliment.  My stepfather was a back-slapping, glad-handing salesman, and I detest the type.

Disconcertingly, except for the skin tone and hair, Obama even looks a bit like my stepfather.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alatriste

Quote from: Berkut on September 30, 2009, 03:50:09 PM
Quote from: Jaron on September 30, 2009, 03:45:04 PM
McCain also has no serious foreign policy creds.

:lmfao:

Berk, I don't claim to be an expert on US politics, but a quick search throws this on his political career in the Senate

1986 Armed Services Committee, Commerce Committee and Indian Affairs Committee
1991-93 Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affair
1995-1997 Indian Affairs Committee chairman
1997 Commerce Committee chairman
2005-2007 Indian Affairs Committee chairman

His credentials on Foreign Affairs seem hardly impressive, unless you consider Indian tribes independent nations. As far as I know (and I could be wrong) he has never even belonged to the Foreign Relations Committee, and there seems to be little reason to consider him significantly more experienced than Hillary Clinton. Both are very far from being experts.