News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Man I've been listening a lot to Ghost the past days (late adopter as I am I discovered them this week, new record out). I think they make a great rock show package, and their music is very accessible (which is important to me cause I'm lazy as all fuck).

:pope: :punk:

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Something made me think of Lawrence Welk, who my grandparents loved and I never really understood as a kid. I decided to look up some youtube videos of the guy.

Most music, though I might not love it, I can at least appreciate somewhat. Especially if it is older. But fuck, I can't see any redeeming value in that show. It is awful.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Boy the way Glen Miller played
Songs that made the hit parade.
Guys like us we had it made,
Those were the days.

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I like that new I Can't Feel My Face song by that Ethiopian dude.  It's very disco-ey.

Speaking of, I found out Chic is coming out with a new album this year. :yeah:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Blue Oyster Cult - 'Astronomy'    :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Wishbone Ash - 'Argus' - 'Blowin Free'

I thought I had a girl
And all because I seen her
Her hair was golden brown
Blowin' free like a cornfield

She was far away
I found it hard to reach her
She told me you can try
But it's impossible to find her

In my dreams everything was all right
In your schemes you can only try

I thought I had a girl
And all because I seen her
Her hair was golden brown, yeah yeah
Blowin' free like a cornfield

:hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

This Will Destroy You- Quiet. Pandora describes this band as "post-rock".  :(   The song is an atmospheric instrumental, reminiscent of some prog instrumentals.
Led Zeppelin- Over the Hills and Far Away

Savonarola

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 22, 2015, 06:08:26 AM
Louis Prima- Jump, Jive and Wail

:thumbsup:

I once played The Wildest! for CB.  As the first song, Just a Gigolo, came on she remarked "I really love the way David Lee Roth does this song;" only to discover that Diamond Dave had covered Louis Prima almost exactly.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

There was little difference between Prima's version of Jump, Jive and Wail and the Brian Setzer cover I was originally familiar with as well.

garbon

Lily Allen - Smile
Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Murder On The Dancefloor

I'm listening to a spotify playlist called 'Classic Pop Picks' and it sounds like 'classic pop' in UK just means dreadful groups covering famous songs.

A1 - Take on Me, Emma Bunton - What I Am, Atomic Kitten - Ladies Night, All Saints - Under the Bridge, etc.

Okay, well All Saints is lovely. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Myrkyr - M

One woman black metal/folk project. I'm still surprised that I like it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

The new Iron Maiden album is out. It's not bad. :cool:

I tried getting into Ghost before, but for some reason I just didn't like it. May have to give it another try.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Argh, Apple Music is so goddamn slow. Why didn't they trash iTunes and build a standalone programme?

I think I'm heading back to Spotify when my 3 free months are up.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk