Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Bunch of Lindsey Stirling videos.
PDH!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

garbon

Drake feat. Nicki Minaj - Up All Night
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

Sabu, Palo Congo (album, 1957)

A wild, rhythmic ride with conga drum master Sabu Martinez.  Sabu's resume reads like a whose who of 1950s jazz, but this album is different.  It's almost entirely percussion mixed in with some chanting in Spanish.  It's a must hear for fans of Buena Vista Social Club or the Afro-Cuban All Stars.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Savonarola

Mozart Minuet in F (K2)

I was just reading that all of Mozart earliest extant works (those that have the Köchel number 1 through 5) were preserved in a book Leopold Mozart had written to teach his daughter how to play (the Nannerl Notenbuch).  Her little brother was already so talented that he could contribute to it.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Liep

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 24, 2015, 06:34:26 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 23, 2015, 11:28:30 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 23, 2015, 11:01:55 AM
Bunch of Lindsey Stirling videos.

They are pretty mesmerizing.
Very.

Never heard of her before. I don't know why I'm still watching her videos... it sounds like variations of that Norwegian Eurovision winner. Well, better than that, but Eurovision none the less.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Savonarola

Quote from: Savonarola on June 18, 2015, 03:38:45 PM
Colombia is the Grey Havens for bad songs.

Although maybe I shouldn't talk.  I heard MacArthur Park by Richard Harris this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplpKwxFH2I

OH NOOOOO!

Caliga

Quote from: Legbiter on June 24, 2015, 04:28:35 PM
Jimmy Buffett
You should listen to my faves Southern Cross (Crosby Stills Nash and Young cover), It's Five O'Clock Somewhere, Fins, and Margaritaville, the latter his biggest hit by far.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Syt

Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Cher - I Don't Have To Sleep To Dream
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

Miles Davis "The Birth of Cool"  :cool: