News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Carolina Chocolate Drops - Cornbread & Butterbeans
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

M83's Hurry Up, We're Dreaming.  Greatish album.  Really nice and listenable, though only one extraordinary track that leaps out at you, "Midnight City."  However, as Anthony Gonzalez is wont to return to motifs (check out the Oblivion score sometime), most of the songs on the album are like it--and, sure, it's a little repetitive, probably purposely, but there we are.

A

Probably gonna listen to some Lady Gaga afterward, because I haven't in a while and I heard "Bad Romance" on the radio earlier, which was and remains pretty awesome, though I'm still partial to "Edge of Glory" as a favorite.  Probably because of the DS stuff in the video, but the song is a great 80s pastiche. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

mongers

Suzanne Vega - ' I Never Where White'

really like the lryics and the some what rock sound -

"My color is black, black, black."
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Lars H.U.G. - 10 sekunders stilhed.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

FunkMonk

Biz Markie - Just A Friend

Run DMC - It's Tricky
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Something a bit different for me tonight: Opeth : Pale Communion
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Ideologue

Lana Del Rey--Summertime Sadness.

You know, for a hot chick, she sure does have a lot of really melancholy music.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)