News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I just learned that Blinded By The Light was actually written by Bruce Springsteen.  I'm so embarrassed that I didn't know this already. :Embarrass:  I've seen Bruce like four times in concert.  JERSEY SHORE RULES!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Hey, has anyone other than me noticed that the opening to Heaven's A Lie by Lacuna Coil sounds just like the opening to Wasted Years? :hmm:

Josephus

Twitter's abuzz with that fact. :lol:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on April 21, 2014, 06:51:46 PM
I just learned that Blinded By The Light was actually written by Bruce Springsteen.  I'm so embarrassed that I didn't know this already. :Embarrass:  I've seen Bruce like four times in concert.  JERSEY SHORE RULES!

:lol:

Bruce's first album ("Greeting from Ashbury Park") is pretty rough around the edges, but "It's Hard to be a Saint in the City" and "Growin' Up" are both great.  David Bowie covered both of them in his "Bisexual astronaut with orange hair from outer space" phase.  Manfred Mann covered both "Blinded by the Light" and "Spirit in the Night," both of those are worthwhile. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Liep

Quote from: Queequeg on April 24, 2014, 02:46:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFSGe-l18Yo

Song of the Spring.  Bryan Ferry still fucking has it.
I'll give you that it's a great cover, but Song of the Spring goes to The War on Drugs - Red Eyes.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Little Shadow
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

garbon

The Brain

The Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Amy MacDonald - This Is The Life
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Yes. Starship Trooper. "Speak to me of summer, long winter's long than time can remember..."
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011