News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

The Beatles- I Want You (She's So Heavy)
Animotion- Obsession
Led Zeppelin- The Rover
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

Dire Straits -- "Lady Writer"
Al Green -- "Call Me (Come Back Home)"
Gary Stewart -- "She's Actin' Single (I'm Drinkin' Doubles)"
Pet Shop Boys -- "West End Girls"
Silver Jews -- "Sleeping Is The Only Love"
Ultramagnetic MCs -- "Traveling At The Speed Of The Thought"
The Kinks -- "Waterloo Sunset"
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Eddie Teach

Crooked Fingers- Solitary Man
Now listening to Neil Diamond's original. Feels like the music is too upbeat for the lyrics.

Right Said Fred- I'm Too Sexy
Leonard Cohen- Dance Me to the End of Love
Faith Hill- The Way You Love Me
The Standells- Paint it Black

Ed Anger

Folk Rock is my thing right now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Michael Jackson - They Don't Care About Us

I like how he synths over the more controversial words in: Jew me, sue me, everybody do me/ Kick me, kike me, don't you black or white me.  It demonstrates that even though some of our religions and/or ethnicities can be used as verbs, we're all brothers.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ideologue

Son Lux--Lost It To Trying.

Zen music is almost here.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Rick Ross - Aston Martin Music
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Drake feat. Rihanna - Take Care

Eddie Teach

Liep

Was excited that a new Bill Callahan album appeared.. but it's apparently just a dub mix of Dream River. :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Savonarola

I just heard Cibo Matto's "Tenth Floor Ghost Girl" on the local public radio.  The DJ kept pronouncing the band "See-Bu Mah-to" and he said that the band's name was Japanese for "Crazy Food."  So close.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

garbon

Quote from: Savonarola on January 23, 2014, 12:58:57 PM
I just heard Cibo Matto's "Tenth Floor Ghost Girl" on the local public radio.  The DJ kept pronouncing the band "See-Bu Mah-to" and he said that the band's name was Japanese for "Crazy Food."  So close.

Cute :D

Eddie Teach