News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

April Wine: Sign of the Gypsy Queen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRspvAucho4

AC/DC: Touch too Much
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGftIcp2SC0
Great groove to that song. Bon Scott FTW

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Poe- Hey Pretty
Outkast- So Fresh, So Clean
Jefferson Airplane- Somebody to Love
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Fiona Apple - Anything We Want
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

The Killers - Hot Fuss

Before you knock it, check out "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine" on a system with good bass drivers- that bass hook is damned infectious.
Experience bij!

garbon

The Cure - The 13th

Also I like that Carrot is attacking non-existent critics. So Man of La Mancha.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Tom Odell - Long Way Down album

I had to give it a try after reading NME's review that gave it a rating of 0/10. It's filled with bland start-with-soft-piano-play-then-end-up-pounding-the-keys songs, but the 0 rating is a little undeserved even if 'Another Love' is a song that'll hurt your ears when the radio plays it for the 1000th time during the summer.

:bowler: :bowler: / :bowler: :bowler: :bowler: :bowler: :bowler:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Savonarola

The Cars Candy-O (Album)

It's a great album and certainly a worthy follow up to The Cars.  The biggest problem is that their synthesizers weren't the best in the late 70s.  It's hard to listen to "Lust for Kicks" without thinking of the music that used to accompany games on the Nintendo NES.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

David Usher- Black Black Heart
Bloodhound Gang- Fire Water Burn
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

fhdz

Quote from: Savonarola on July 01, 2013, 04:10:53 PM
The Cars Candy-O (Album)

It's a great album and certainly a worthy follow up to The Cars.  The biggest problem is that their synthesizers weren't the best in the late 70s.  It's hard to listen to "Lust for Kicks" without thinking of the music that used to accompany games on the Nintendo NES.

8-bit music is back in vogue now. No worries :)
and the horse you rode in on

mongers

Van Halen - Hot For Teacher. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Saxon 'Strong Arm Of The Law' album.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM