Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

I only listened to it because of mongers' post.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on September 20, 2012, 08:55:16 PM
ELO way gayer than Asia.

Hey, ELO are pretty Awesome musicians, I forget which album it is, Time(?) and they've pretty much and write and play a song in whatever genre they wish.   :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Katmai would have ELO destroyed, however.

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on September 20, 2012, 09:00:13 PM
ELO way gayer than Asia.

Hey, ELO are pretty Awesome musicians, I forget which album it is, Time(?) and they've pretty much and write and play a song in whatever genre they wish.   :bowler:

WEll Jeff Lynne,  is pretty good. But I'm just responding to CDM's assertion that Heat of the Moment is gayer than All Over The World (which is now stuck in my head)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Josephus on September 20, 2012, 09:06:38 PM
WEll Jeff Lynne, whathisname, is pretty good. But I'm just responding to CDM's assertion that Heat of the Moment is gayer than All Over The World (which is now stuck in my head)

MISSHUN AKKOMPLISHED

Next up in your head:  Olivia Newton-John's Xanadu

mongers

Quote from: mongers on September 20, 2012, 09:00:13 PM
ELO way gayer than Asia.

WEll Jeff Lynne, whathisname, is pretty good. But I'm just responding to CDM's assertion that Heat of the Moment is gayer than All Over The World (which is now stuck in my head)

:cheers:

Yeah, and after I finish listening to The Deer Tracks, I'm going to play 'All over the World' to see if it has the same effect.

Josephus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2012, 09:08:13 PM

MISSHUN AKKOMPLISHED

Next up in your head:  Olivia Newton-John's Xanadu

Awww God....That's it. I'm signing out.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

mongers

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2012, 09:01:28 PM
Katmai would have ELO destroyed, however.

Really?  My God, every time I think that dude's taste can't get shittier.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

You know, I was inspired by posts to load up some ELO from youtube.

But predictably, I found up following links to Depeche Mode, and now I'm listening to The Cure's Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me album.

I feel pathetic.  I have no reason to think that music peaked when I turned 12, yet I keep getting drawn to music from the late 80s, early 90s. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Me too..  Music was better then.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Sade - Babyfather
Kimbra - Cameo Lover
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Calvin Harris feat. Florence Welch - Sweet Nothing
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Some here will kill me, but I'm listening to Asia - 'Aura'  :blush: