News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Sting - Fortress Around Your Heart
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on May 08, 2012, 10:36:48 PM
The Pogues - Lorca's Novena

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpSagdEdCDs

It's no "Roddy McCorley" (although it does seem to share a lot with "Turkish Song of the Damned").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTF0sNFHBRY

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Florence + the Machine - shake it out

katmai

katmai

Just for Seedy

Sublime- Smoke Two Joints

garbon

The silence of a jury selection waiting hall. :(

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on May 10, 2012, 01:07:37 PM

:thumbsup:

If selected, you know what to do. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

New York jury selection is the worst. In California, they assign all of you to a group and you can call the night prior to find out if your group need report in.  Here in NYC, everyone has to show up and then you hang out for 2-3 days waiting for court room requests for juries. If one never comes then you're done for 6 years.  Today they let us out at 3 after not even one of us was brought into a court room.  Here's to hoping this trend continues. :cheers: :D

ulmont

Quote from: Barrister on May 10, 2012, 02:14:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 10, 2012, 01:07:37 PM

:thumbsup:

If selected, you know what to do. -_-

Nullify!   :P

PDH

Agent Orange - Bite the Hand that Feeds
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM