And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

The Pork Dukes - Bend and Flush.

I dedicate that song to MB.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 13, 2012, 05:23:44 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 12, 2012, 11:03:23 PM
Also, how can Rihanna possibly make less than Britney Spears!?  :wacko:

Less people buying her albums, most likely.

Why'd you pick out Britney as opposed to Lil Wayne or Sade? Or Bob Seger, though I suppose a big chunk of that is probably from truck commercials.
She's had 11 #1 singles since 2006.

Britney's heyday was in the late 90s and early '00s.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

ELO--Sweet Talkin' Woman.

Heard it earlier on the radio, had never heard it before, but I liked it.  Unfortunately, I couldn't remember much except it was pretty obviously ELO and the tune.  Thus it took twenty minutes of listening to the tail ends of unknown ELO songs on Youtube to find it. :bleeding:  I did actually kind of remember the words but "slow down" sounds a lot like "Showdown" and "it's over" sounds exactly like "It's Over." <_<

Still pretty worth it. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

PDH

Exploring ELO before Discovery (Disco? Very!) is worthwhile.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DontSayBanana

Quote from: PDH on March 13, 2012, 10:31:36 PM
Exploring ELO before Discovery (Disco? Very!) is worthwhile.

Even better, check out Shazam! (ELO before they were ELO, basically).  Somebody actually bought a copy of Discovery from me last week, and I felt the need to disclaimer it that it doesn't sound anything like the latter stuff.
Experience bij!

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 12, 2012, 11:03:23 PM
Some surprises there. Does Ide really buy that much Bon Jovi merchandise?

Also, how can Rihanna possibly make less than Britney Spears!?  :wacko:
http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/12/10652549-taylor-swift-beats-u2-lady-gaga-as-top-music-money-maker

Good to know those Linkin Park fellows are still getting work.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ideologue

Afroman--Because I Got High.

Thanks Citizen k. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

In anticipation of The Hobbit movie.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHmLh92Xpm0&feature=related]Blind Guardian - The Bard's Song: In the Forest[/url]
Blind Guardian - The Bard's Song: The Hobbit

Two classics by Blind Guardian.

Not quite up there with their recent offerings, like Wheel of Time (YouTube sound quality can't quite keep up with that one) or even Curse My Name (based on Milton's The Tenure of Kings and Magistrates - YouTube link has fitting sequences from To Kill A King), but still nice.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Oingo Boingo--Weird Science.
Kinemalogue

FunkMonk

Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

http://www.wtango.com.ar/

Bad radio quality old tango music. Ideal for sitting in a hazy, smoke filled Buenos Aires htel room, ca. 1952, with a glass of red in one hand and a flterless cigarette in another, contemplating the meaningless of life.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.