News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Some surprises there. Does Ide really buy that much Bon Jovi merchandise?

Also, how can Rihanna possibly make less than Britney Spears!?  :wacko:
http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/12/10652549-taylor-swift-beats-u2-lady-gaga-as-top-music-money-maker
QuoteBillboard's top money makers of 2012:

1. Taylor Swift: $35.7M
2. U2: $32.1M
3. Kenny Chesney: $29.8M
4. Lady Gaga: $25.3M
5. Lil Wayne: $23.1M
6. Bon Jovi: $19.8M
7. Sade: $16.3M
8. Celine Dion: $14.2M
9. Jason Aldean: $13.4M
10. Adele: $13M
11. "Glee" Cast: $12.6M
12. Journey: $12.3M
13. Elton John: $11.9M
14. Katy Perry: $12M
15. Toby Keith: $10.4M
16. Britney Spears: $10.1M
17. Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band: $10M
18. Rascal Flatts: $9.6M
19. Tim McGraw: $9.3M
20. Michael Buble: $9M
21. Brad Paisley: $8.6M
22. Rihanna: $7.7M
23. Enrique Iglesias: $7.5M
24. The Beatles: $6.7M
25. Paul McCartney: $6.7M
26. Lady Antebellum: $6.7M
27. Keith Urban: $6.6M
28. Zac Brown Band: $6.5M
29. Rod Stewart: $6.4M
30. Usher: $6.3M
31. Foo Fighters: $6M
32. Rush: $5.8M
33. Backstreet Boys: $5.7M
34. Sugarland: $5.6M
35. Justin Bieber: $5.5M
36. New Kids on the Block: $5.5M
37. Steely Dan: $5.4M
38. Motley Crue: $5.4M
39. Kanye West: $5.4M
40. Linkin Park: $5.2M
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I was amazed that Sade was still doing so well.

Habbaku

I'm surprised that some of those people are even on that list.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

You can't stop Jon Bon.  Fucker'll still be rocking when he's in diapers.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Wings--Band on the Run (good song all the way, but the "if I ever get out of here" part should last way longer, since it's the best part).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tamas

Quote from: Ideologue on March 13, 2012, 03:09:24 AM
Wings--Band on the Run (good song all the way, but the "if I ever get out of here" part should last way longer, since it's the best part).

I know that song from Guitar Hero

Liep

Boris - Pink, well.. it came recommended, but I'm not much for distorted music for the sake of distortion. Farewell is good though.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 12, 2012, 11:03:23 PM
Also, how can Rihanna possibly make less than Britney Spears!?  :wacko:

Less people buying her albums, most likely.

Why'd you pick out Britney as opposed to Lil Wayne or Sade? Or Bob Seger, though I suppose a big chunk of that is probably from truck commercials.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Florence + The Machine - Remain Nameless

Liep

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Loverman
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2012, 02:33:56 AM
Planet of Zeus - Leftover

Pretty decent Southern Rock. And surprisingly good video production values for a small fry band.

@DucquedeBraganca: They're in Vienna 30th of April, concert tickets €10. I wouldn't mind checking them out.

Duly noted :)

Scarface soundtrack - Push it to the limit (full tracksuit mode natürlich)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D-QD_HIfjA

DontSayBanana

Live stream of the Enter the Haggis concert at the Ram's Head in Annapolis tonight.

Set list so far:

Headlights
Let Me Go
Psuemoustophy
Whistleblower
Wild Mountain Thyme
<instrumental>
One Last Drink
The Litter and the Leaves
Devil's Son
White Squall
Experience bij!

mongers

I'm listening to all of 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' radio series in broadcast order and it's a joy to hear it after so many years.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"