Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

The Jesus And Mary Chain - Just Like Honey
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

The Cramps - Don't Eat Stuff off the Sidewalk
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

CCR - Susie Q plus all the other songs found on Chronicle vol #1 & #2.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

King Crimson: The Night Watch (live)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ideologue

Neat.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers--Don't Come Around Here No More.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2012, 11:22:15 PM
Neat.

:)  For some reason, I have really vivid memories of where I was the first time I heard most Tom Petty hits.  With "Don't Come Around Here No More," it was definitely the music video first.  "Refugee": Baskin Robbins on a warm summer night; "Free Fallin'": the Throgs Neck Bridge, en route to see my grandparents; "The Waiting": alarm clock radio waking up in high school, then later that day on the radio at work...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

syk

Ideologue

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 27, 2012, 12:33:12 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2012, 11:22:15 PM
Neat.

:)  For some reason, I have really vivid memories of where I was the first time I heard most Tom Petty hits.  With "Don't Come Around Here No More," it was definitely the music video first.  "Refugee": Baskin Robbins on a warm summer night; "Free Fallin'": the Throgs Neck Bridge, en route to see my grandparents; "The Waiting": alarm clock radio waking up in high school, then later that day on the radio at work...

I think I was probably drunk for most of those but "Free Fallin'."
Kinemalogue

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on January 27, 2012, 10:18:13 AM
Rush...Moving Pictures.

Good choice.  :cool:

I'm listening to 'A Farewell To Kings'

Just finished listening to the King Crimson's 'In The Court Of The Crimson King', one of the very few remix/remasters that's genuinely worthwhile.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Ministry - Stigmata (rerecorded)

This is the song that made me say "what the fuck?" back in 1987.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM