News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Phil Collins--Something Happened on the Way to Heaven.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 07, 2011, 03:08:53 PM
I'd do one of the ones that only Springsteen fans know, so most listeners would think it was "my" song.

Do people know "Spirits in the Night"?

I wonder if rock stars know that songs about getting laid a lot in high school are mildly depressing, as opposed to bittersweet, for people who didn't get laid in high school. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

sbr

I don't listen to much music anymore but I recently got Eminem's most recent CD, it is really good, assuming you like Eminem.  It's got everything one would look for:  strong catchy beats, some really funny shit and some "serious" stuff.

Favorite Line:  "Like David Carradine they can go fuck themselves and just die."

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

The Brain

Peter, Paul and Mary - Puff, The Magic Dragon
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: sbr on August 09, 2011, 07:43:06 PM
I don't listen to much music anymore but I recently got Eminem's most recent CD, it is really good, assuming you like Eminem.  It's got everything one would look for:  strong catchy beats, some really funny shit and some "serious" stuff.

Favorite Line:  "Like David Carradine they can go fuck themselves and just die."

It does have some good shit. My favorite line is in Not Afraid: "Like a fuck you for Christmas his gift is a curse".

Octavian

Watching various Rock videos on Youtube with my baby girl. I've taught her to like rock like Volbeat so when I play them on youtube or in the car etc. she claps her hands and start to rock from side to side  :)
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on August 11, 2011, 07:15:08 AM

It does have some good shit. My favorite line is in Not Afraid: "Like a fuck you for Christmas his gift is a curse".

I like "No Love."  About the only time Lil Wayne has been anything but a Goddamn ruiner.
Kinemalogue

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2011, 11:19:55 AM
Quote from: The Brain on August 11, 2011, 07:15:08 AM

I like "No Love."  About the only time Lil Wayne has been anything but a Goddamn ruiner.

Yeah.

Ideologue

Also, Eminem looks really young for a guy who's almost 40.
Kinemalogue

The Brain

Quote from: Ideologue on August 11, 2011, 11:34:03 AM
Also, Eminem looks really young for a guy who's almost 40.

Me too. :)

The Brain

Josephus

Quote from: The Brain on August 11, 2011, 01:38:05 PM
Asia - Heat of the Moment

"And now you find yourself in 82..."

Man, i still remember listening to that song in 82 :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain