News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Tone Lōc - Funky Cold Medina

Violence upon homosexuals. So fun!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

It turns out that if you get Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, Debbie Harry, Sting, Lady Gaga and woman I don't know to sing Don't Stop Believing, it sounds exactly like what would happen if you got any random six people to get up on a stage to sing Don't Stop Believing, although you may have fewer shirtless dudes dancing around behind them, depending on venue.

Well, Springsteen's personality almost comes across.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Josephus on August 02, 2011, 08:30:40 PM
Concrete Blonde.

What song?  I'm listening to "Joey" right now.

No, this song doesn't speak to me.  NOT AT ALL. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

ulmont

Josephus

Quote from: ulmont on August 04, 2011, 03:21:31 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 04, 2011, 03:11:31 PM
Quote from: Josephus on August 02, 2011, 08:30:40 PM
Concrete Blonde.

What song?  I'm listening to "Joey" right now.

Hopefully "Tomorrow, Wendy."

Tomorrow, Wendy is brilliant. I was actually listening to their Mexican Moon album at the time; but yeah Wendy's one of my favourite of their songs.

http://youtu.be/46_Ynl1ARgM
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Discovered an old cassette whilst emptying a shoe box. Forgot about this Canadian band I loved back in my uni days.
Grapes of Wrath. All The Things I wasn't.

http://youtu.be/qoTLLur_EEY
Civis Romanus Sum

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

The Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.