And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Lucidor

What I can find with Alexander Kipnis on youtube and Spotify. Great, warm basso.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on October 18, 2009, 05:11:16 AM
I guess the fact that HüG parodize Rammstein and industrial-military bands is too subtle for you.  :rolleyes:

The Three Stooges are too subtle for Brain. ;)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Pat

Quote from: Lucidor on October 18, 2009, 11:03:37 AM
Quote from: miglia on October 15, 2009, 10:08:01 AM
#1: http://open.spotify.com/user/miglia/playlist/5wzW2Ezx7Fz3nrYl5phrGa

#2: http://open.spotify.com/user/miglia/playlist/3CiHtUHIL8fYMgnzfTjUtN
You like Welle, I guess? :)

Yep! Ever since someone recommended them to me in the old #europauniversalis IRC channel back in 2001 or 2002 or so. My taste in music has changed a lot since then but this is one band I always come back to sooner or later. They have some great stuff that I never seem to get tired of.

(This is PatMaster from the paradox boards, btw, if you recall)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Sade - I Couldn't Love You More

Duque de Bragança

Syt

Metallica - The Frayed Ends of Sanity

Fortunately my office mates have a similar taste in music to me. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on October 19, 2009, 08:32:51 AM

You're listening to music at work?  UNPROFESSIONAL.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on October 19, 2009, 10:26:20 AM

Only when our external accountin IT consultant isn't in the office (he's in tuesdays and thursdays). Also, putting earphones on is great for focusing when you have to punch in a couple hundred banking lines.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

ulmont

Quote from: Caliga on October 19, 2009, 10:26:20 AM

Are you kidding?  I've spent all day, every day with headphones on at work since 1998.  Only way to not go insane in cubicle-land.

The Brain

I didn't even listen to music at work that summer when I had a job that was extremely repetitive and also made conversation not an option. Instead I memorized poetry and made music in my head.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.