Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

The Handsome Family - Far From Any Road
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Spotify's new daily mixes is a nifty feature.

edit: to elucidate, unlike pandora that picks songs based on up-voting or my experience with apple where it just gave you things others liked, spotify seems to create mixes based on a few things:
1) tracks you've listened to
2) artists you've listened to (so other tracks by those artists)
3) similar artists to one's you've listened to.

Ends of creating mixes of songs that seem to work fairly well as it has a good underpinning of things you've listened to at some point. I wonder if it also takes into account tracks that you've skipped. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

The Who - Pictures of Lily

This might be the most romantic song the original lineup of The Who ever sang (you could even say that it was one of the most touching songs ever. ;))

(Yes, I know, "Can't Explain" is an actual love song.)

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

The Brain

The Brain

I'm glad that Lady Gaga appears to have left the Scheisse era behind her.

Liep

The Lemon Twigs - I Wanna Prove to You
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

So the Scorpions came up on my "Genius" playlist and I hit up the intertubes to see what they're up to these days.  A) Holy christ Klaus Meine and Rudolf Schenker are 68 years old and b) they still tour a lot (continuously?).  Unfortunately, they were just here in May, so I don't know if they'll ever make it back. 

Liep

Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker

Is it me or do drums sound a bit like on Billy Jean?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Holy shit I just listened to my first First Aid Kit songs. They're totally awesome. Sweet.

Liep

garbon

Liep