Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: PDH on January 18, 2016, 10:21:06 PM
Quote from: Liep on January 18, 2016, 07:07:28 AM
I'm upgrading The White Album to an A+

Goddamnit there are so many amazing songs on that album.

The White Album is such a mess, and such a great achievement...both at the same time.  The fact that the group was falling apart by this time but still could (at times) get together to create songs is important.  That is why the later stuff was so good, the tensions mixed with creativity made for such an amazing crucible.

Yes, that's why I was initially not as thrilled about it as I was by Abbey Road which feels much more coherent.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on January 17, 2016, 11:27:59 AM
Lana Del Rey - High By The Beach

I'm quite taken by this album...
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Another one bites the dust... Else Marie Pade

Music legends just keep dropping at the moment. She was a true pioneer in electronic music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE-r3qvr5k4

RIP
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Benjamin Clementine - At Least For Now

Liep

Iggy Pop with Josh Homme - Gardenia

Liep

Syt

Who knew that Johann Sebastian Bach wrote such great riffs? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h7LW3FKjBY
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

Listening to 10 artists predicted by a Danish music magazine to be big in 2016. Many of the press photos for the bands have a 80's filter on them and their style is clearly inspired by Ice Age which I guess is the most successful Danish band of the last couple of years. Most of it is very bland.

Two of them seem to actually be worth following: The Entrepreneurs and Liss.

Eddie Teach

Nouvelle Vague- The Killing Moon
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Bit of a blast from the past, I listened to the last side of Extreme's '3 Sides to Every Story'
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Extreme- most misnamed band ever? (Unless the one soft ballad anyone knows of theirs is uncharacteristic)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

LCD Soundsystem, PJ Harvey, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tame Impala, Action Bronson, CHVRCHES, Ghost, Blaue Blume, Savages.

This year's Roskilde line up looks pretty good. :mmm:

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Grace Jones - Pull Up To The Bumper
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.