News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

I generally use Pandora instead of Spotify. Most of my stations are based on a broad idea like Arena Rock or 90s alternative, but a few are based on sound. These stations tend to introduce me to some really obscure acts. The one that takes the cake has to be Ray's Vast Basement- they have tracks on their youtube channel with single digit views.  :wacko:

garbon

Pandora is limited to being use in only a few countries. I now use spotify whereas I never did before.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Lana Del Rey - Music To Watch Boys To
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

KLF - Justified & Ancient

Meeeeemoriees...

The Brain

Roky Erickson - Creature with the Atom Brain

The Brain

Eddie Teach

The Lonely Island ft. Justin Timberlake - Motherlover

Eddie Teach

Savonarola

The Beatles - Rubber Soul

So, at the end of "Norwegian Wood" does John light up a cigarette, a joint, start a fire in the fireplace or burn the place down?  :unsure:

This might be John's best album with "Norwegian Wood," "Nowhere Man," and "In My Life" as well as a number of other songs (even "Run for Your Life" is catchy, if not the most politically correct song.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

The Replacements - Tim  :cool:

It struck me that "Bastards of Young" sort of sounds like an Ide biography:

God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung
Dreams unfulfilled, graduate unskilled
It beats pickin' cotton and waitin' to be forgotten
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Ghost - From The Pinnacle To The Pit

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould