News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by The Brain, March 10, 2009, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Well I was obligated.  :P

Anyway the stuff that guy can do musically is astounding. He told me about when he was teaching music theory to Kurt (who started his music career in Metal Church). Simple dumb stuff I know that people who got famous doing this didn't know at the time. Kerry is the dude who teaches music theory to everyone he works with. I missed that class in high school, so I liked it a lot.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Liep

Listening through various spotify party playlists to make a half decent one for my parent's party. People listen to shit.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Lil' Kim - Not Tonight

Well that is confusing. I bought the Lil' Kim EP of Not Tonight for a buck.

Now I've always thought of "Not Tonight" as the song that goes on about "I don't want dick tonight, eat my pussy right" which it is but apparently she also named the remix of Ladies night that has Missy Elliot et al. as "Not Tonight". It might make sense that she called it the remix of "Not Tonight" if the songs feature anything in common.

I'll mark it just as confusing as Ciara's song where she features Ciara. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Fun Lovin' Criminals - Scooby Snacks
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

garbon

garbon

The White Stripes - Sugar Never Tasted So Good

Liep

Talk Talk - Ascension Day

Had only heard about Talk Talk by name and then that very 80'ish single It's My Life (and the No Doubt version), but Ascension Day is a really nice track. I'll need me some more late Talk Talk I think.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

I still can't get over how great Laughing Stock is.

The Brain

No Doubt - Don't Let Me Down
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Lana Del Rey - Brooklyn Baby

Eddie Teach

The Church- Under the Milky Way
RHCP- Can't Stop
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Thorinshield- Wrong, My Friend
Tom Waits- Misery is the River of the World
The Black Heart Procession- Blue Tears
Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire- Vidalia
Firewater- The Man on the Burning Tightrope
Humanwine- Rivolta Silenziosa
Low- Lift
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Lana Del Rey - Fucked My Way Up To The Top