News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 4

Started by Admiral Yi, September 29, 2009, 06:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 03, 2009, 07:32:29 AM
I fully expect the Bungles to blow it in the battle of Ohio.

Yep-- Marvin has anticipated the hangover effect & tried to mix some things up in practice this week to mitigate it, but sometimes the hangover from a big win just happens regardless.  I just hope the number of times the game is mis-stated as "The Battle of the Ohio" is minimized.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

It's still the Browns though.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

I've watched the NE-Baltimore game from 2007 three times so far this weekend.
With each viewing, the only change in the outcome is how much more seething rage for tomorrow's game I possess.

Tomorrow, there will be a reckoning.  Vengeance shall wear #52.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on October 03, 2009, 01:34:11 PM
It's still the Browns though.

...and it's still the Bungles :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

QuoteBoth these teams are bad, but the Bucs are worse.  Really, I think that Tampa will cover, just because of the inability of Washington to score.  A touchdown is a lot for those guys.

Ain't that the truth?  I think sometimes Zorn should consider going in as QB.  Maybe Steve Largent is still available.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Vince

Jets at the Superdome.  They're probably going to lose this one but let's see how they play against a 3-0 team on the road.

sbr

Quote from: Vince on October 03, 2009, 10:45:14 PM
Jets at the Superdome.  They're probably going to lose this one but let's see how they play against a 3-0 team on the road.

Very interesting game, I think the Jets D will slow the Saints down, but I don't think Sanchez will be able to play well enough on the road to allow the Jets to win.

sbr

12-4 last week.  :cool:

Oakland @ Houston (-9) - The Raiders defense is reasonable, but the offense is so bad that the Texans will just eventually wear them out with time of possession and field position.

Tennessee (-3) @ Jacksonville - It may be too late already but the Titans HAVE to win this game to have any shot at the play-offs.  I think they will be able to control both lines well enough to get their first win and by enough to cover the spread.

Baltimore @ New England (-2) - Not very often that the better team is the underdog.  Unless Brady and the offense get their act in gear this could get ugly; I think the Pats will keep it respectable, but the Ravens win.

Cincinnati (-5.5) @ Cleveland - The Browns are horrible.  Derek Anderson is NOT the answer and there may very well be a revolt in the locker room against Mangenius before the season is over.  It feels awkward taking the Bengals and giving that many points but I think the Bengals cover, but I would bet someone else's money on this game.

NY Giants (-8.5) @ Kansas City - I was silly and took the Chiefs and the points in Philly last week.  Not this week, the Giants will run at will and Cassel will be hounded for the entire game.

Detroit @ Chicago (10.5) - This is an awfully big spread and would touch this game if I was really betting.  Detroit has been playing well enough to keep this one close, but they won't win their second game this week.

Tampa Bay @ Washington (-7) - The Redskins have to win this one.  I can't fathom a way that they lose to Detroit and Tampa in back-to-back weeks.  Campbell has ben playing reasonably well, he just doesn't have any play makers on the offense with him.  Portis has no burst, Moss is a very average and inconsistent receiver, likely because he is so short, and Cooley is nice but you can't build an offense around him.  That being said the Buccaneers are the worst team in the league and seemed to quit last week.  Redskins win and cover, possibly in a blowout.

Seattle @ Indianapolis (-9) - The Colts pass defense is tremendous, the Seahawks are without Hasselbeck and are starting Seneca Wallace again and don't have much of a running game.  The Colts will cover again.

NY Jets @ New Orleans (-7) - As I just said above, the most interesting game to me this week.  The Jets will keep the Saints offense under control but I still think the Saints passing game will score enough points to make things very uncomfortable for the rookie Sanchez against a better than advertised New Orleans defense.  The Saints win, but by less than a touchdown.

Buffalo (-2) @ Miami - I think the Bills are finally going to beak through against the Dolphins.  With no Pennington the Bills defense will be able to key on the 'Phins running game and I think Edwards may complete some passes as well.

St Louis @ San Fransisco (-9.5) - The 49ers will win but I think the Rams will be able to keep it close.  No real reason why.

Dallas (-3) @ Denver - The Broncos are 3-0 and have the #1 defense in the league.  :lmfao:  Both are mirages, they have played the Bengals, Browns and Raiders.  They will come crashing down this week, Dallas by double digits.

San Diego @ Pittsburgh (-6.5) - All of the experts are predicting a Steelers blow out in this one, I am not sure why.  I could see the Steelers winning but I am not sure they are good enough to blow out the Chargers.

Green Bay @ Minnesota (-3.5) - Should be a fun game.  I think the Vikings defense will stuff the Packers run game all day and the Packers O-line isn't good enough to hold up against an all out pass rush, especially with one as good as the Vikes.  Rogers won't have enough time to pull out a win against his mentor.

Neil

Quote from: sbr on October 04, 2009, 01:22:37 AM
St Louis @ San Fransisco (-9.5) - The 49ers will win but I think the Rams will be able to keep it close.  No real reason why.
Another believer in the legendary power of Kyle Boller.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

:lol:

QuoteOakland Raiders attempt to ban Rich Gannon fails again
Outspoken former quarterback remains steadfast in his TV analysis

Sam Farmer

October 4, 2009

The factor that has Rich Gannon silver-and-blacklisted by the Raiders is one of the many qualities that makes him their impact player of this decade.

The quarterback-turned-CBS analyst speaks his mind and stands his ground.

"I've talked to several players, and not one of them has any issue with anything I've ever said or done in reference to their team," Gannon said in a phone interview. "But there's certainly someone who's not happy.

"But I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't say that the product on the field has not been up to snuff the last six years or so."

That "someone" is Raiders owner Al Davis, and last week his club attempted to ban Gannon from its headquarters for CBS production meetings. (The league wouldn't allow that, and Gannon didn't arrive in Oakland early enough to make the meetings.) Last season, the Raiders were equally unsuccessful in trying to have Gannon removed from the broadcast team covering one of their games.

"The point needed to be made that you've been unduly critical far too often and too long for us to embrace you and welcome you into our building," said John Herrera, spokesman for the Raiders, who have lost 11 or more games for an NFL-record six consecutive seasons.

Gannon conceded the Raiders' attempts to lock him out surprised him and said their reaction was unique among NFL teams.

"I've had absolutely zero problems with the league, any team, any owner, any GM, any coach, any players or any PR staff," he said. "My style is never to be condescending or arrogant or judgmental. I wasn't that way as a player, and I'm not that way as an analyst. My job, though, is to be fair and to be honest and to give my analysis of what I see."

As a player, it was Gannon's unflinching candor and attention to detail - along with a collection of like-minded veterans and coach Jon Gruden - that helped reshape a rudderless franchise. He was the NFL's most valuable player in 2002, leading the Raiders to their first Super Bowl in 19 years.

"I came from organizations and systems where all I had to do is play and worry about my job," he said. "When I came to Oakland, that just wasn't the situation. It was a team in disarray. In terms of leadership, in terms of the structure, it just wasn't what I was accustomed to. It was very hard for me to function initially.

"But what I tried to do was work within the confines of the building to change it. I never tried to publicly embarrass anybody or humiliate anybody. ... After victories I tried to deflect as much attention away from me and onto coaches and players, and in defeat I tried to shoulder as much of the responsibility as I could.

"That's something I'm most proud of as a player in this league, and it's something that I learned at a very early point in my career. I don't think anybody can argue that."

Ed Anger

I see Rapistburger is going to host a wrestling show tomorrow. Total white trash.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 04, 2009, 10:10:29 AM
I see Rapistburger is going to host a wrestling show tomorrow. Total white trash.

They had an Outside The Lines piece this morning on his rape/extortion story.  It was chock full of heady LULZ goodness.

Vince

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 04, 2009, 10:10:29 AM

I'm sure it'll be worth it when Ray Lewis comes out of the crowd and nails him in the head with a steel chair. 

CountDeMoney

Welker and Willfork are playing.  Mayo is out.

PDH

I don't care that it is the Cowboys, I want to see Denver humiliated.  Number 1 defense...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM