And we're back!

Main Menu

Pronunciation: "Conan of Cimmeria"

Started by Slargos, September 30, 2009, 05:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 01, 2009, 12:37:27 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 01, 2009, 12:18:15 PM
Commentary for Conan the B. was boring. Milius hadn't bother preparing at all and Arnold is neither a thinker nor a talker.

Good commentary: John Carpenter and Kurt Russell The Thing.

Arnie/Milius are getting drunk througout theirs and shooting the shit.

Really? Then they are the saddest people on the planet if doing that makes for such boring fare. Carpenter/Russell is amusing.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

The commentary for Ghostbusters was extremely good.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Agelastus

Quote from: Caliga on October 01, 2009, 11:52:54 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 01, 2009, 11:31:57 AM
Dude if you haven't listen to the commentary by Milius & Arnie it's hilarious,
I started to one time, but switched it off because I find voiceover commentaries extremely distracting.  If it's as good as you say, I'll give it another shot.

I sympathise, I've never been able to sit through a commentary myself.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

grumbler

Quote from: Agelastus on October 01, 2009, 05:17:51 PM
I sympathise, I've never been able to sit through a commentary myself.
I would agree that most commentaries are boring as shit, but sometimes they are brilliant.  Jerry Doyle and some of the other B5 actors did a brilliant commentary for the episode Falling toward Apotheosis."  Especially funny was Doyle's remark, just after the scene where Kosh routs Garibaldi and his security guys, that "that was exactly what it was like when I went to Doug Netter to ask for a raise."  Doyle may not have been a great actor, but he was great in commentaries.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!