News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] American Megafauna opponents wanted

Started by Tamas, September 28, 2009, 06:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Jaron

Before turn 2 begins, I'm going to spend 2 genes to DoW ulmont.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

Alright, I have resolved Turn 1, now Jaron's piglizards concentrate on what will later become NW USA/Canada, with ulmonts predators eating away at them happily, and my guys dispering on the NE parts of the map.

Turn 2 brings another DNA bidding, consult the attached file.
It is not such a decisive gene at first sight as the previous one, but still, being Nocturnal not only gives advantage when competing with herbivores on certain biomes, it also stops carnivores from eating you unless they have equal or less Nocturnal genes.

Therefore I bid 3 genes, declaredly to shut my competitor Jaron out of it, because it would make him too strong. This, however, is also the maximum I am willing to shell on it, and because again the mammal teeth decide ties, ulmont needs only 3 to get it from me.

ulmont

I'm confused by your equal or less language.

Are you really saying that if I have nocturnalx2 that I will be unable to feed on a nocturnalx1 species?

I bid 3.

EDIT:  no, of course not, the rules are sane.  If a herbivore has 1 nocturnal gene, the predator needs 1 or *more*.

Tamas

Ok, ulmont wins it for 3 genes. The next epoch card is also a DNA. My bid is 3 genes.

After this, I will do the grow and population expansion phase, then let you guys, especially Jaron, to take your time and figure out population movement.

ulmont

Ok, that card looks useless to me, so no bid.