Manson murderess Susan Atkins dies at 61

Started by Drakken, September 25, 2009, 09:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on September 25, 2009, 10:27:31 AM
So what exactly was the purpose of having her kept imprisoned for the last 20 days of her life? I still think they should have let her out on compassionated grounds. After 38 years, giving her a last few days with her loved ones is really something society can and should afford in my opinion.

Some people do not deserve compassion.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Mr.Penguin

Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

garbon

If I could do that all again I'd phrase it as "Some people are unworthy of compassion."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

So what exactly was the purpose of having her kept imprisoned for the last 20 days of her life? I still think they should have let her out on compassionated grounds. After 38 years, giving her a last few days with her loved ones is really something society can and should afford in my opinion.
No.  Qadhafi would have thrown a giant farewell party for her.  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

My God you're a fucking faggot.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

I don't see any value to society to having kept the members of the Manson family in prison all these years.

Should've just hung the lot of them 40 years ago.

Drakken

Quote from: dps on September 25, 2009, 09:11:30 PM
I don't see any value to society to having kept the members of the Manson family in prison all these years.

Should've just hung the lot of them 40 years ago.

It's hard do to when the Supreme Court has a brain fart and declares capital punishment unconstitutional, only to change its mind two years later when their sentence has been commuted.

It would have been more effective to hire black prison gang members to murder him and his pawns inside the prison. In fact, I am surprised they didn't. :huh:

Zanza

Martinus

QuoteAtkins confessed to killing actress Sharon Tate, the pregnant wife of director Roman Polanski who was hanged and stabbed 16 times

:bleeding: Journalism writing fail.

Scipio

Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2009, 03:53:50 AM
QuoteAtkins confessed to killing actress Sharon Tate, the pregnant wife of director Roman Polanski who was hanged and stabbed 16 times

What a difference a single comma would make in that sentence.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grey Fox

Quote from: Scipio on September 26, 2009, 07:08:03 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2009, 03:53:50 AM

What a difference a single comma would make in that sentence.

You mean she wasnt hanged 16 times, just to make sure?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

I found out long ago that compassionate, liberal views are frowned upon on this fourm.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on September 26, 2009, 10:01:27 AM

I found out long ago that compassionate, liberal views are frowned upon on this fourm.
That's not a compassionate view.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

merithyn

Quote from: Josephus on September 26, 2009, 10:01:27 AM

As Sharon Tate's sister said, no matter what good deeds Atkins did while in prison, it doesn't give back 40 years of a child's life, nor bring back Sharon. Their reasoning for not allowing her to die a free woman came from the fact that she openly admitted that Sharon Tate begged her for the life of her unborn child and Atkins laughed at that. Her words were, I believe, "I have no pity for you."

There are some crimes that time won't wipe clean.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Brain

It says a lot about a person if he makes pleading for the well being of murdering monsters a priority.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.