They'll have to take my soft Toliet Paper out of my cold, dead hands

Started by Ed Anger, September 24, 2009, 05:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

They need to pick better targets.

Toilet paper makes up a very small percentage of lumber use. I'd be interested to see what percentage that mulching makes up. Toilet paper has an important use while mulching is a cosmetic application for landscaping that can be easily replaced with alternatives.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Brazen

I'm pretty sure all our bog roll is from rapid growth stuff - it all seems to have a Forestry Commission mark on, anyhow. And one major manufacturer at least claims to plant 6 trees for every one it uses.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: KRonn on September 25, 2009, 07:41:47 AM
I have a concern over the felling of old growth forests. But I have a lot of issue with the enviro movement where it's gotten out of control. Environmentalism is a good thing, but nothing is good if you take it to extremes, which I feel the leaders of the enviro movement have done over all. That said, I'm in more agreement with the enviros on this particular issue since if we can use more recycled and the product is good, I say go that route than taking down the old growth forests.
Who cares about old growth forests?  People go on and on about their benefits as habitat and whatnot, but that's only for virgin forest.  Environmentalists hate virgin forest, because it burns like a motherfucker.  Thus, environmentalists should shut up, or start supporting my Human Sustainability Plan.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

C.C.R.

Caliga

My great-uncle and great-grandfather toiled their entire careers for Scott Paper so you people could have soft TP to wipe your asses with :ultra:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on September 25, 2009, 09:08:32 AM
My great-uncle and great-grandfather toiled their entire careers for Scott Paper so you people could have soft TP to wipe your asses with :ultra:
From now on I'll think of your great-grandfather every time I touch my ass.

DGuller

Quote from: Brazen on September 25, 2009, 03:34:00 AM
Recycled paper's fluffy enough these days to be indistinguishable from the planet-killing kind. It's not grey and crunchy any more.
I don't know about that.  In one of the prior Languish threads, there was a link to the list of eco-friendly toilet papers.  I wouldn't let any of those eco-friendly toilet papers even touch my shit, much less my ass.

Caliga

Ed Anger

HEROES OF THE REPUBLIC.

Monoriu

I can believe it if they chop down old forests for, say, furniture.  Or some kind of expensive stuff. 

For toilet paper?  I remain skeptical until I see far more concrete evidence.

DisturbedPervert

If they had their way everyone would be using rags on a stick.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 25, 2009, 09:42:28 AM

HEROES OF THE REPUBLIC.
You would have loved my great-grandfather.  He had: many children by two wives.  He was married to both of them at the same time, too... one family in Philly and one in Bawlmer.  :cool:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 25, 2009, 10:05:36 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 25, 2009, 09:42:28 AM

HEROES OF THE REPUBLIC.
You would have loved my great-grandfather.  He had: many children by two wives.  He was married to both of them at the same time, too... one family in Philly and one in Bawlmer.  :cool:

:)