News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Littering

Started by Admiral Yi, September 24, 2009, 04:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Your position.

I'll fuck up any bitch that tries to stop me.
3 (5.2%)
I litter, but on the sly when no one is watching.
8 (13.8%)
Don't litter, leave others alone.
37 (63.8%)
I wreak vengence on anyone who litters.
8 (13.8%)
I Jaron, but only Jaron when I see others Jaroning.
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Monoriu

Litter on that scale is a visible symbol of government failure. 

And a severe health hazard. 

garbon

Quote from: Strix on September 25, 2009, 07:55:25 AM
It's interesting, on a personal level, to note how much that attitude has changed since the 1970's. I remember people basically littering left and right back than especially out car windows.

Yay government imposed fines have worked! :swiss:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BuddhaRhubarb

I don't litter. I try not to hassle people who do, and occasionally even clean up after them.... I will sneer, and if caught sneering, will get into it with said litterer/asshole.
:p

Tonitrus

I tend to think one of the reasons I've turned off on a career in law enforcement, is that whenever I saw someone dump a cigarette butt out at a stoplight/highway offramp, I'd want to pull them over and go at them Rodney King-style.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 25, 2009, 11:56:09 AM
I tend to think one of the reasons I've turned off on a career in law enforcement, is that whenever I saw someone dump a cigarette butt out at a stoplight/highway offramp, I'd want to pull them over and go at them Rodney King-style.

It's really too bad you can't do that. You have to turn a bit of a blind eye and hope that kharma will supply a banana peel (littered obviously) for them to slip on at some point.
:p

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2009, 11:19:53 AM
Quote from: Strix on September 25, 2009, 07:55:25 AM
It's interesting, on a personal level, to note how much that attitude has changed since the 1970's. I remember people basically littering left and right back than especially out car windows.

Yay government imposed fines have worked! :swiss:

I think the crying Indian gets as much credit :P

Examining my habits more closely, I do 'litter' some things: gum (though I try not to drop it where someone would step), cigar butts (not really littering since I keep the label-- the rest is just natural leaf), and food (something'll eat it).

As late as the mid-80s, I remember commonly seeing people roll down their window & throw a whole McDonald's bag to the side of the road while driving at full speed.  Almost never see that these days.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

I don't litter at all and get rather annoyed at driving behind smokers who ditch their cigarette butts out of the window rather than into their car's ashtray.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

C.C.R.

Quote from: Habbaku on September 25, 2009, 12:02:49 PM
I don't litter at all and get rather annoyed at driving behind smokers who ditch their cigarette butts out of the window rather than into their car's ashtray.

Flicking the odd cigarette butt out the window is really my last real vice that imposes on the General Public...

:cry:

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2009, 01:08:45 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 25, 2009, 01:05:48 AM
To be fair, in New York, simply making eye contact would be grounds for somebody to say "I'll fuck him up."

Not in Chelsea...although it isn't as friendly as Castro where making eye contact is grounds for somebody to say "I'll fuck you."

My God, I knew I've been living in the wrong place.

Anyway, I don't really litter at all anymore per se.  I throw minor shit on school grounds, knowing I've paid already to have someone else clean it up.  I'll throw cigarette butts out the window, slyly, if it's absolutely necessary.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on September 25, 2009, 01:08:57 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2009, 01:08:45 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 25, 2009, 01:05:48 AM
To be fair, in New York, simply making eye contact would be grounds for somebody to say "I'll fuck him up."

Not in Chelsea...although it isn't as friendly as Castro where making eye contact is grounds for somebody to say "I'll fuck you."

Um, you do know he's referring to other guys, right?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Monoriu on September 25, 2009, 11:06:50 AM
She doesn't look like her, but sometimes she does act like her. 

Trouble is, I am not like the landlord at all
You could very easily buy a silk shirt and some hair cream.

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 25, 2009, 03:03:51 PM

You could very easily buy a silk shirt and some hair cream.

That violets so many rules I can't begin to count  ;)

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on September 25, 2009, 02:19:50 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 25, 2009, 01:08:57 PM

Um, you do know he's referring to other guys, right?  :lol:

Admissions of homosexuality often come in strange ways.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

I did not know that. :(

I shun your false Caanan.  One of these days I'll find the promised land.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 25, 2009, 07:55:38 PM
I did not know that. :(

Chelsea and Castro are the gay districts of their cities.