'The Wire' Finally To Air On UK Terrestial TV

Started by mongers, March 25, 2009, 06:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

I was rather shocked to discover Dominic West (Jimmy McNulty) is very English and very posh on The Today programme this morning. :o

Brazen

Oh, and Idris 'Stringer Bell' Elba I am now informed by my colleague.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Brazen on March 30, 2009, 04:17:26 AM
I was rather shocked to discover Dominic West (Jimmy McNulty) is very English and very posh on The Today programme this morning. :o
He's an Old Etonian.  Stringer's English too.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

So...how is it watchable? Is it like what I'm told with Babylon 5 where you have to skip the first series?
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Quote from: Tyr on March 30, 2009, 04:30:44 AM
So...how is it watchable? Is it like what I'm told with Babylon 5 where you have to skip the first series?

It's brilliant. I'm half way through the second series... so far I think the first was better. What I would recommend doing is watching the first three episodes back-to-back so you get a hang on the many plot threads.

Brazen

Oh, and they're recommending British audiences watch it with the subtitles on  :lol:

katmai

Quote from: Brazen on March 30, 2009, 04:17:26 AM

Duh
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Brazen on March 30, 2009, 04:27:32 AM
Oh, and Idris ‘Stringer Bell’ Elba I am now informed by my colleague.

Double Duh  :rolleyes:

Sheilbh

Quote from: Brazen on March 30, 2009, 04:32:04 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 30, 2009, 04:30:44 AM

It's brilliant. I'm half way through the second series... so far I think the first was better. What I would recommend doing is watching the first three episodes back-to-back so you get a hang on the many plot threads.
I think the second one is better.  I think it's just a remarkably moving elegy of a certain sort of American working class.  As well as the good crime plot.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 25, 2009, 07:28:36 PM

And David Simon can go fuck himself with a variety of everyday household appliances.

I know you shared the story in person why he annoys you so, but i've forgotten it.

Brazen

Just got this:
QuoteHi,

I am a producer on Richard & Judy. We have the actor Dominic West on the show and we are looking for fans of The Wire, to explain just why they love the show. We would need people to take part this Wednesday, 1st April from 2pm -4.30pm at our London studios. If you are interested and available please email me at xxx.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Polly

Crap, I'm out of the country on business :(

The Larch

I have started watching it recently, I'm halfway the first season at the moment and enjoying it quite a bit. Friends of mine have been raving about it for the last month or so, and so far it's living up to the hype, at least for me.