German chief of staff sacked over airstrike

Started by jimmy olsen, November 27, 2009, 12:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Ed Anger

QuoteThirty civilians and 69 armed Taliban died in the strike

Anyone who runs, is a VC. Anyone who stands still, is a well-disciplined VC!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

More cowardice from Germany?  I'm less than shocked.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on November 27, 2009, 08:55:13 AM
More cowardice from Germany?  I'm less than shocked.

I blame the WW2 victors. And Hollywood movies.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Slargos: As much as I admire German military achievements, the one area we don't have much to learn from them is counterinsurgency. 

Strix

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 27, 2009, 04:44:18 AM
Looking at the forum stats I've found that while monthly post count has remained steady, the number of new threads has fallen precipitously with me in Korea. I aim to reverse that trend.

I, for one, welcome our Spam Overlord Tim! :worship:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Slargos

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 27, 2009, 11:39:18 AM
Slargos: As much as I admire German military achievements, the one area we don't have much to learn from them is counterinsurgency.

Point.

Although I would argue the problem with the german method was insufficient enthusiasm in execution rather than a flaw of the method itself.  :P