Never trust anyone who dislikes the Beatles

I've never said that I should be trusted. :goodboy:

and I don't think anyone has ever accused you of it, either. :p
:p

garbon

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on September 22, 2009, 10:00:14 PM

:hugs:

Anyway I like several songs by the Beatles, I just don't like them when they sing them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: garbon on September 22, 2009, 10:02:24 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on September 22, 2009, 10:00:14 PM

:hugs:

Anyway I like several songs by the Beatles, I just don't like them when they sing them.

That's one of the best things about the Beatles, their songs are infinitely remakeable. They're a renewable resource more than they are a band at this point. Still Awesome imho though.
:p

derspiess

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on September 22, 2009, 09:20:27 PM
I've listened to some of those new cds. very nice remasters. I will buy a few select albums from this release. Never trust anyone who dislikes the Beatles (as a group, individuals are fair game)

Target has about as good a deal on these as you will see, I think.  The single-CD albums are marked down to $11.98 and you get a $5 gift card if you buy 2.  I bought Revolver and Abbey Road and immediately ripped them in WMA lossless.  Played them from my Zune over my receiver in 5-channel stereo & they sounded amazing :)

I think I might go back for The White Album and Past Masters. My brother is going to pick up some CDs; I hope he buys some I don't have :ph34r:

Beatles Rock Band is a pretty solid game as well.  You can tell they put a buttload of effort into it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

:rolleyes:

Well, I guess I sort of have a similar quirk: I don't like anything John Lennon did outside of the Beatles.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 22, 2009, 09:38:22 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on September 22, 2009, 09:20:27 PM
Never trust anyone who dislikes the Beatles

I've never said that I should be trusted. :goodboy:

Garbon's more of a Herman's Hermits fan.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 22, 2009, 10:40:44 PM
Garbon's more of a Herman's Hermits fan.

He's made it clear enough it ain't no good to beg?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valdemar

Quote from: derspiess on September 22, 2009, 10:19:59 PM

Beatles Rock Band is a pretty solid game as well.  You can tell they put a buttload of effort into it.

What platforms did they release it for?

Kids have GTWT for Wii, but frankly the song list for that game is appalingly bad.. esp. for kids, So I was curious to see if I could get some additional songs.

V

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 22, 2009, 10:23:13 PM

Well, I guess I sort of have a similar quirk: I don't like anything John Lennon did outside of the Beatles.

FBI should have raped the fucker and tossed him out of the country.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: derspiess on September 22, 2009, 10:23:13 PM

Imagine? Give peace a chance? Jealous guy? Woman? Not even those?

Josephus

Jealous Guy is right up there in my Top 10 Songs Evvvah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lLs2dC9NaE
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

derspiess

Quote from: Valdemar on September 23, 2009, 02:33:32 AM

Kids have GTWT for Wii, but frankly the song list for that game is appalingly bad.. esp. for kids, So I was curious to see if I could get some additional songs.

V

Xbox 360, PS3, & Wii.  Surprisingly, it seems like kids are playing this game; it's selling like crazy.

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on September 23, 2009, 06:59:57 AM
Imagine? Give peace a chance? Jealous guy? Woman? Not even those?

No, sir.  "Imagine" in particular grates on me, but that probably shouldn't surprise anyone ;)

Valdemar

Quote from: derspiess on September 23, 2009, 08:44:58 AM
Quote from: Valdemar on September 23, 2009, 02:33:32 AM

V

Xbox 360, PS3, & Wii.  Surprisingly, it seems like kids are playing this game; it's selling like crazy.

Cool, so if i buy the box set i can get the Wii game?  :mmm:

V

derspiess

Quote from: Valdemar on September 23, 2009, 08:50:51 AM
Cool, so if i buy the box set i can get the Wii game?  :mmm:

V

I guess you can...  one is not necessarily dependent on the other, though :P