News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Why Monica? Clinton 'cracked'

Started by Caliga, September 22, 2009, 07:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: KRonn on September 22, 2009, 11:28:43 AM
So, why is the middle aged (or more) Putin parading around, flexing muscles, wrestling Russian bears and other manly stuff, for the cameras? I haven't really gotten that yet. Is it not enough that he's a national leader, former chief spy of the KGB? But he has to do what he thinks is showing himself off? Something wrong with his priorities, and/or he's over compensating for something.

It's not without precedent, actually.  Mussolini did the same thing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

Quote from: derspiess on September 22, 2009, 03:05:26 PM
It's not without precedent, actually.  Mussolini did the same thing.

That's true.  Mussolini had the horse handler edited out of this photograph so he'd appear more heroic:

The handler was holding the reigns; you can see how he was edited out as sort of a blob.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

I assumed the horse was just a hellhorse with superheated breath.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on September 22, 2009, 02:04:42 PM
So, why is the middle aged (or more) Putin parading around, flexing muscles, wrestling Russian bears and other manly stuff, for the cameras? I haven't really gotten that yet. Is it not enough that he's a national leader, former chief spy of the KGB? But he has to do what he thinks is showing himself off? Something wrong with his priorities, and/or he's over compensating for something.

Because all the stereotypes about Russians are true.  "Today comrades, I shall shoot tiger and save beautiful woman!  OoooRah!"

Russians do everything backwards.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Maybe if it had a saddle he wouldn't need the horse handler.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

swallow

:squints: is that a female horse he's riding? whimp

Barrister

Quote from: swallow on September 22, 2009, 04:37:04 PM

They're called a mare or a filly.

Or could the horse be a gelding?

But anyways - calling it a female horse?   :rolleyes:  :P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

swallow

Quote from: Barrister on September 22, 2009, 04:40:21 PM
Quote from: swallow on September 22, 2009, 04:37:04 PM

They're called a mare or a filly.

Or could the horse be a gelding?

But anyways - calling it a female horse?   :rolleyes:  :P
:lol: My non-excuse was I was emphasising its gender rather than age or 'treatment'. Pllus I can never remember the various labels!  So whaddya think?  Male or female?  ps  I can talk about baby ducks and baby cows too

Barrister

Quote from: swallow on September 22, 2009, 04:45:30 PM
:lol: My non-excuse was I was emphasising its gender rather than age or 'treatment'. Pllus I can never remember the various labels!  So whaddya think?  Male or female?  ps  I can talk about baby ducks and baby cows too

I actually paid for a large part of my university education by typing out the night's horse racing results for the local newspaper.  Oh, the odd bits of information you can learn by doing that...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Agelastus

It's just a "cult of personality" thing; eastern despots/would be despots tend to like them, and at least he's a lot more subtle about it than Mao, Stalin or Kim Il Sung.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ideologue

Maybe he's just proud that he's not a fat fuck or dead at his age.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Maybe Mussolini also edited out the horse's pecker because he didn't want a bigger one in the photo. :contract:
Experience bij!