News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Buying a laptop

Started by Slargos, March 26, 2009, 08:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Eyeing the Toshiba QOSMIO X300 which seems to meet most of my requirements.

There's a few different models available with a quite sizeable price difference (15 000 NOK - 18 000 NOK).

Biggest spec difference seems to be in the CPU, with the cheaper coming with (both duos) a P8700 (3MB cache, 2.53ghz) and the more expensive with a T9600 (6MB cache, 2.8ghz)

The 2x HD space (320 vs 2x320) is of little more importance than the probable shorter battery life of the more expensive model.

Question thus becomes whether the larger cache and higher clock speed is worth another 3000 NOK (~$500?)

Any ideas?

Edit: (Actually, after a quick factcheck it's a 4000NOK difference, which is starting to get a bit hefty)

Brazen

Thought you'd decided on one and were going to get one in London where we only get ripped off to UK standards, not Scandi standards.

Slargos

Quote from: Brazen on March 26, 2009, 08:45:04 AM
Thought you'd decided on one and were going to get one in London where we only get ripped off to UK standards, not Scandi standards.

I was, but then I got tangled up and turned around when I realized the site you directed me to was notorious for poor delivery performance.  <_<