Obama gives Paterson the finger, Paterson gives him the finger right back

Started by Caliga, September 21, 2009, 06:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on September 21, 2009, 08:45:54 AM
Quote from: Berkut on September 21, 2009, 08:34:30 AM
Although it is all likely hopeless anyway. I don't think New York can be fixed at this point.
Is New York the new California?  :cool:
The very old.  It was California before there ever was California.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

"No one at the White House has ordered Paterson not to run, said a White House official, speaking on condition of anonymity. The administration shares the concerns of party leaders in New York about Paterson's political strength going into the 2010 election, the official said. "

I'd think that many governors of either party in many states are in trouble. Especially Democratic ones I guess, since the party in power always comes under more scrutiny and takes more blame when things aren't going well.  Massachusetts governor Patrick seems to have lost a lot of favor, seen as inept or ineffective; I'd think he has little chance of re-election especially as we go through tough economic times, and the disfavor that's brought onto people's views of government.

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on September 21, 2009, 10:09:54 AM
I'd think that many governors of either party in many states are in trouble.

Hutchison in 2010!  Down with the hair!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."