Do you prefer SFW thread titles or ones that can get you fired?

Started by alfred russel, September 20, 2009, 08:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2009, 08:45:10 AM
I'm sorry but that would compromise my freedom of expression.  :P
You don't have freedom of expression.

Is it really too much to ask for you to undertake your pathetic grandstanding within the thread, but not in the title?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Warspite

I don't care what's in the thread, because I can choose to read or not read it.

However, it is easier for all involved if thread titles are kept PG with the appropriate tags. Otherwise I'm just going to start giving my threads titles completely unrelated to their content that exist only to rile Marty, in the name of freedom of expression.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on September 21, 2009, 09:21:56 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2009, 08:45:10 AM
I'm sorry but that would compromise my freedom of expression.  :P
You don't have freedom of expression.

Is it really too much to ask for you to undertake your pathetic grandstanding within the thread, but not in the title?

No it is not but I am kinda annoyed by this tempest in a teapot, considering the thread title in question was there as a joke and is not some customary or usual occurrence.

Not to mention that, taken to its logical conclusion, this should mean first and foremost that people would not be able to use words like "fuck" or "shit" in their thread titles (which many people do regularly) which is ridiculous.

Agelastus

Quote from: Iormlund on September 21, 2009, 07:49:10 AM
I don't quite get the concept of posting at work. How do you people manage to get things done?

When you're working a 55 hour week and only being paid for 40 hours your boss knows better than to say anything. That's how I always looked at it.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Martinus on September 21, 2009, 02:02:17 AM
Errr, I would have thought that in most cases IT monitoring looks for key words, so I don't see how words like "head" are going to be construed as NSFW.

Unless, of course, you have your IT department following your every move and checking every website you go to, in which case you have a bigger problem than threads about getting head, and whether the thread title is "NSFW" or not is irrelevant.
"Giving head" could be filtered as a single string, Marti. Spaces are recognized as   in HTML. For giggles, type that code in between a couple of quotation marks and hit "post" to see the result. Even the forum software automatically parses it as a space.
Experience bij!

The Brain

If you read Languish at work maybe you should be reported to your boss regardless. A fag forum? Please.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.