And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009-2010 Season

Started by Zoupa, September 19, 2009, 10:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: HVC on September 21, 2009, 11:39:12 AM
Also, Zoupa they broke Carey. Shame.

This year will be very important for him. If he sucks playing on a Jacques Martin team, then he really is done for.

Zoupa

btw, Fleury: starts the season or not? I vote yes.

BuddhaRhubarb

Canucks are really strong in pre-season. is this good bad or neither? I have no idea. Fleury looks like a decent fit with the current flames, Bouwmeister looks good too. the rest seem to be coasting at least in the first period. Wellwood is actually in shape. That never happened when he was a Leaf,
:p

BuddhaRhubarb

Canucks buckling a bit more of a normal game now between these two

C.C.R.

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on September 21, 2009, 09:51:00 PM
Canucks are really strong in pre-season. is this good bad or neither?

Depends on which team is playing what scrubs & how many...

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: C.C.R. on September 22, 2009, 07:46:50 AM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on September 21, 2009, 09:51:00 PM
Canucks are really strong in pre-season. is this good bad or neither?

Depends on which team is playing what scrubs & how many...

it was my first time to see some of the better prospects who likely won't make the team but will be called up when half the Canucks are out due to injury during the season.

Hodgson looked good but needs seasoning.... he should be with the Moose, but has to go back to Juniors :lame: That will hurt his development.

PRC

Fleury is out with the Flames.  His head, heart, and maybe even his hands were there... but his legs just weren't, he has lost a step.  Maybe that is just conditioning, maybe not.  I wouldn't be surprised if another team picks him up though.  Flames just have better options for their top six at this point.

BuddhaRhubarb

Canucks are starting the actual season like they usually do: softly. Calgary looks monster so far this first game. Really strong defense Giordano= way better than goof Phaneuf.  Luongo looked weak in the 1st. But the team as a whole were slow... starting 2nd strong. Last year it would've been the Flames with all the dumb 1st period penalties.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

Zoupa

I never thought I'd say this, but Wilson got schooled by Martin tonight in the mtl-tor game.

Komisarek looked terribel tonight. Toskala looked terrible tonight. Beauchemin was on for all four habs goals.

Enjoy another year of suck, Toronto.  :lol:

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: saskganesh on October 01, 2009, 11:27:50 PM
its 4-3 now tho. tight.

ya they played much better as the game went on, became a better game, more like what Flames/Canucks games usually are: Entertaining.

I only saw part of the Leafs Habs game but though both teams looked better than last year. Price was his self from two years ago and kept them in it. It wasn't a pretty win, but Price was better than Toskala... Who wasn't nearly as bad as Zoupa might lead you to believe.

BuddhaRhubarb

oh and Markov injured ? Shocker! not. the guy is made of glass.

Zoupa

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 02, 2009, 12:41:00 AM
oh and Markov injured ? Shocker! not. the guy is made of glass.

Since the lock out he's played 67, 77, 82 and 78 games...

Neil

A good day for hockey.  Both the Leafs and Canucks have proven themselves to be weak and worthless.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

A continuation of last years story for the leafs. good offense, crappy defence. I'm pleased Price looks good though. i like the kid for some reason. Shame he injured Markov with a scissor hold though lol.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.