How many hours of sleep do you get in a typical day?

Started by Caliga, March 25, 2009, 07:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many hours of sleep do you get in a typical day?

less than three
3:00-3:59
4:00-4:59
5:00-5:59
6:00-6:59
7:00-7:59
8:00-8:59
9:00-9:59
ten or more

Fate

Generally I get 7 hrs and change of actual sleep. Without an alarm clock, I tend to sleep for ~9 hours.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2009, 10:26:33 AM
Quote from: Barrister on March 25, 2009, 10:25:32 AM
I really try for 7+ hours.  I start to feel like crap with 6 hours or less.

:(

Based on the looks of ya, you've been getting less than 6?

I only feel like crap.  I look fabulous no matter how much sleep I get.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2009, 10:15:04 AM
Quote from: Malthus on March 25, 2009, 10:08:42 AM
Why read about it in bed when you can do it in bed?  ;)

I think someone needs to read the Good book.

Sorry, too kinky for me.  :(

QuoteGenesis 19

30Now Lot went up out of Zoar and(W) lived in the hills with his two daughters, for he was afraid to live in Zoar. So he lived in a cave with his two daughters. 31And the firstborn said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is not a man on earth to come in to us after the manner of all the earth. 32Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father." 33So they made their father drink wine that night. And the firstborn went in and lay with her father. He did not know when she lay down or when she arose.

34The next day, the firstborn said to the younger, "Behold, I lay last night with my father. Let us make him drink wine tonight also. Then you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve offspring from our father." 35So they made their father drink wine that night also. And the younger arose and lay with him, and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose. 36Thus both the daughters of Lot became pregnant by their father. 37The firstborn bore a son and called his name Moab.(X) He is the father of the Moabites to this day. 38The younger also bore a son and called his name Ben-ammi.[c](Y) He is the father of the Ammonites to this day.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2009, 10:09:37 AM
Quote from: Malthus on March 25, 2009, 10:09:18 AM
Oh my, I never thought of that.

Glad I could help. :)

:yes:

Malthus needs to start taking Carl and his wife into work with him.  He can play with Carl during meetings and discuss computer games with his wife in his office.  I smell a promotion in his future.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on March 25, 2009, 10:48:51 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 25, 2009, 10:09:37 AM
Quote from: Malthus on March 25, 2009, 10:09:18 AM
Oh my, I never thought of that.

Glad I could help. :)

:yes:

Malthus needs to start taking Carl and his wife into work with him.  He can play with Carl during meetings and discuss computer games with his wife in his office.  I smell a promotion in his future.

Shit, I could take Carl to work and say he's a new articling student (sorta like an "intern" for you folks).

He'd be about as much use as the ones we already have .  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

fhdz

I tend to get between 6 and 7 hours of sleep on weeknights.  Every once in a while it'll dip as low as 4.
and the horse you rode in on

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on March 25, 2009, 08:43:42 AM
If you cannot sleep and want to watch TV, get up and go watch some TV - but get the TV out of the bedroom.
I find a nice movie while fall asleep to be very relaxing.  I've fallen asleep to 2001 or Conan the Barbarian several hundred times.  That way, in the morning, I can wake up to the Discovery entering Jupiter space.

Nice long stretches of music relax me, although occasionally the sound of HAL killing the scientists wakes me up.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Norgy

I only need like six hours a day and ten at night, and then I'm good.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on March 25, 2009, 08:40:07 AM
A highly erratic number.  Sometimes 3 or 4 hours one night and then 10 hours the next.
Same here.  The worst thing is that after sleeping for 3 hours the previous night, there is an irresisitble temptation to nap in the evening, which just makes the problem so much worse.

Liep

Quote from: Vricklund on March 25, 2009, 12:02:46 PM
Iormlund <-- wtf?  :lol:

Back when you could change your nick at will I thought about taking Lieplund as name again. :P

On topic, when I work morning shifts I get no more than 4-5 hours of sleep (bed around 22-23 and wake around 03-04). Mid-day and evening shifts I get around 8-9 hours.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 25, 2009, 10:14:11 AM
Quote from: Malthus on March 25, 2009, 10:08:42 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 25, 2009, 09:54:15 AM

Especially a Gor book. Nothing like reading about treating women badly before bed.

Why read about it in bed when you can do it in bed?  ;)

Too many rules.
My greatest disappointment after an initial contact with the Gor genre was finding out there are no gay books. :(

Otherwise, the shit is fucking hott. :P

fhdz

Quote from: Neil on March 25, 2009, 11:31:39 AM
Nice long stretches of music relax me, although occasionally the sound of HAL killing the scientists wakes me up.

:lmfao:
and the horse you rode in on