News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STALKER games

Started by Caliga, September 18, 2009, 11:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Are these games any good?  I've been wanting to play a shooter type game lately and am into the whole survival horror/urban exploration theme.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on September 18, 2009, 11:22:34 AM
Are these games any good?  I've been wanting to play a shooter type game lately and am into the whole survival horror/urban exploration theme.

Theme is good, graphics too, controls are iffy, I played the first game and I liked it, but still left me kinda 'meh'

Caliga

What's wrong with the controls?

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on September 18, 2009, 11:32:11 AM

Not sure, it just felt hard to aim compared to other shooters, IIRC

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2009, 11:47:59 AM

Because they were (claiming to be) using real ballistics?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on September 18, 2009, 11:55:39 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 18, 2009, 11:47:59 AM

Because they were (claiming to be) using real ballistics?

No, it was simply annoying, and it was not because the (quite lacking) need to count with trajectory.

Jaron

Stalker games? Practice makes perfect, eh Cal? ^_^
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on September 18, 2009, 12:21:56 PM
:huh:

Don't worry, Jaron is drunkposting again, drawing inspiration from Siege.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

The only person I stalk around here is Ed, and that's only because I like to provoke the posting of random pictures of cats in mildly amusing poses.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I played through the first one in summer, it is really quite awesome.
I can't remember much in the way of control issues.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 18, 2009, 12:28:47 PM
The only person I stalk around here is Ed, and that's only because I like to provoke the posting of random pictures of cats in mildly amusing poses.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

I bought STALKER Chernobyl for $5 on the Direct2Drive sale the other day, haven't tried it yet though.