News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So Renault really did it!

Started by Agelastus, September 16, 2009, 07:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

:lol:

I didn't think they'd be dumb enough to leave enough evidence around that they'd have to simply concede the case.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16092009/58/briatore-renault-admit-charge.html

QuoteManaging director Flavio Briatore and executive director of engineering Pat Symonds have left Renault over race-fixing allegations, which the team will not contest.

Renault have been the subject of an investigation by the governing FIA regarding allegations that former driver Nelson Piquet Jr deliberately crashed in the Singapore Grand Prix last season.

The incident in the night race enabled team-mate Fernando Alonso to win as he was favourably placed for safety-car conditions.

Brazilian Piquet Jr, who was recently sacked from his seat, and his three-times world champion father Nelson Piquet Sr had accused Renault of forcing him into the act.

Reports on Tuesday suggested Symonds, who deals with trackside operations, had been offered immunity from punishment in exchange for full disclosure of what happened.

"The ING Renault F1 Team will not dispute the recent allegations made by the FIA concerning the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix," Renault stated.

"It also wishes to state that its managing director, Flavio Briatore and its executive director of engineering, Pat Symonds, have left the team.

"Before attending the hearing before the FIA World Motor Sport Council in Paris on 21 September 2009, the team will not make any further comment."

Prior to the exit of flamboyant Italian Briatore and Englishman Symonds, Renault had accused the Piquets of blackmail and announced they were launching criminal proceedings against them.

Renault will still face the FIA's World Motor Sport Council hearing in Paris on September 21, as the charge was levelled against the team and not any one individual.

Jonathan Symcox / Eurosport
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

DGuller

grumbler

Did Renault again order someone to round up the usual suspects?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on September 16, 2009, 01:22:22 PM
In other news, OJ really did it.

That's like saying Speer knew about death camps and holocaust. :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

C.C.R.

Quote from: grumbler on September 16, 2009, 01:45:41 PM

:lol:

Your winnings, Sir...

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on September 16, 2009, 01:45:41 PM

I'm shocked, SHOCKED to find that gambling is going on in here!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on September 18, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
I'm shocked, SHOCKED to find that gambling is going on in here!
"Stop by my office in the morning."

"I'll be their at eight!"

"And I will be there at ten."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!