New ATI video cards will let you run 6 screens

Started by viper37, September 16, 2009, 12:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Next generation ATI cards

Soon, you'll not only have a dedicated home theater room in your house, but also a dedicated gaming room to store all those screens..
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Crazy_Ivan80

DisturbedPervert

I'd rather just have one monitor.  The breaks in between the monitors when you have them strapped together like that looks bad.

PRC

You can run up to nine as long as you have the available bus slots and video cards to do it anyways. 

PRC

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 16, 2009, 12:27:13 PM
I'd rather just have one monitor.  The breaks in between the monitors when you have them strapped together like that looks bad.

It makes a huge difference having mutliple monitors for development or even sales work.  I have 3 in my office.

Josquius

I've only just made my first forrays into 2 monitors. Slow down!

If they're going to do this I wish windows would support them properly. It'd be awesome to be able to run a game full screen on one but have a mp3 player, the internet, msn, etc.... open on another screen.
██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: PRC on September 16, 2009, 12:29:04 PM
It makes a huge difference having mutliple monitors for development or even sales work.  I have 3 in my office.

I see how that is useful. I'm only talking about in games.   :lol:

Josquius

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 16, 2009, 12:37:18 PM
Quote from: PRC on September 16, 2009, 12:29:04 PM

I see how that is useful. I'm only talking about in games.   :lol:
It could be good properly implimented ala NDS.
i.e. the secondary screen is your inventory or somesuch.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

still won't be powerful enough to run a Paradox game.  :cry:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alatriste

I use two monitors at home since... perhaps two years ago. One 22" 16:9, one 19" standard, they work perfectly well together. It's really useful, a desktop can never have too much real state and I can, for example, play in the 22" and check if I receive an e-mail I'm waiting at the same time.

And boy, does the array impress visitors!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: Alatriste on October 19, 2009, 07:06:56 AM
I use two monitors at home since... perhaps two years ago. One 22" 16:9, one 19" standard, they work perfectly well together. It's really useful, a desktop can never have too much real state and I can, for example, play in the 22" and check if I receive an e-mail I'm waiting at the same time.

And boy, does the array impress visitors!
But you can't read that email without messing up the game <_<
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2009, 07:43:33 AM
But you can't read that email without messing up the game <_<

Also, some games that commonly run in full screen like The Sims will lock you into one screen.

I really use multiple monitors only for complex graphics projects: my laptop screen runs toolboxes when I'm using The Gimp, for example, while my big ol' 19" 4:3 has the picture itself up.
Experience bij!