News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

America: I'm happy with you

Started by Martinus, March 24, 2009, 05:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

The Brain

Well I'm not fucking happy with America. The country is failing, and fast.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Lettow77

If it makes you feel any better, I still hate America and resent its influences.

On the other hand, I like Poland alot.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on March 25, 2009, 12:01:15 PM

Hopefully we'll find a Reagan to sweep into office in a few years to restore us to our former glory.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on March 25, 2009, 02:16:54 PMHopefully we'll find a Reagan to sweep into office in a few years to restore us to our former glory.

If it's not Obama part deux in 2012, it'll be Mitt.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Weatherman

Looks like America isn't happy with you Marti.  :lol:

Savonarola

The president of the EU just said we were on a highway to hell.  So long as just one European hates us I feel we're doing our job.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Iormlund

Quote from: fahdiz on March 24, 2009, 05:51:13 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 24, 2009, 05:49:28 PM
Nothing.  I think Will Self's argument that the world has an anger level that's permanently the same is accurate.  So if one person somewhere becomes more mellow, as Marty has (against the odds), then someone somewhere else gets suddenly a lot more angry.

The Law of Conservation of Whining?
:lol:

derspiess

Quote from: Savonarola on March 25, 2009, 02:33:54 PM
The president of the EU just said we were on a highway to hell.  So long as just one European hates us I feel we're doing our job.   :)

You'd think that.  But the Czech dude is dead-on, unfortunately.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: Weatherman on March 25, 2009, 02:28:35 PM
Looks like America isn't happy with you Marti.  :lol:
The Americans I care for are happy with me. The Americans I'd rather see washed away in the next Katrina aren't. C'est la vie.

Martinus

The president of the EU just said we were on a highway to hell.  So long as just one European hates us I feel we're doing our job.   :)
There is no president of the EU. It's a Czech guy who like chairs a committee.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 25, 2009, 02:16:54 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 25, 2009, 12:01:15 PM

Hopefully we'll find a Reagan to sweep into office in a few years to restore us to our former glory.

War and recession?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Quote from: Martinus on March 25, 2009, 04:45:19 PM
There is no president of the EU. It's a Czech guy who like chairs a committee.

It's not the same without Super Sarko, eh
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on March 25, 2009, 02:26:47 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 25, 2009, 02:16:54 PMHopefully we'll find a Reagan to sweep into office in a few years to restore us to our former glory.

If it's not Obama part deux in 2012, it'll be Mitt.

Nah, I think'll they shift heavily to the right with less interest in preserving business.  Think more along the lines of Pat Buchananon, Mike Huckabee and Sarah Palin.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Savonarola

Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2009, 05:23:44 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 25, 2009, 02:16:54 PM

War and recession?

That's our current glory.  :bowler:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock