Started by Berkut, March 24, 2009, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Btw BB is totally going to go insane over this :lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Richard Hakluyt

Moving off at another tangent, there seem to be more players on each server than there were a few months back. Maybe due to trial accounts luring them in or WoW people bored out of their skulls after whizzing through WOTLK.

katmai

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 30, 2009, 10:40:15 AM
Moving off at another tangent, there seem to be more players on each server than there were a few months back. Maybe due to trial accounts luring them in or WoW people bored out of their skulls after whizzing through WOTLK.

that's big part of reason i fired it up again.  :blush:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

It's my reason & I'm sticking to it.

Grallon

So are you all be on the Brandywine server then ?  What's wrong with Silverlode ?  I'd rather do the group quests with people I know - no matter how disreputable you lot are - than strangers.  And so far this game doesn't seem infected with whiny teenagers.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grallon on March 30, 2009, 11:30:25 AM
So are you all be on the Brandywine server then ?  What's wrong with Silverlode ?  I'd rather do the group quests with people I know - no matter how disreputable you lot are - than strangers.  And so far this game doesn't seem infected with whiny teenagers.
G.

Nothing, atleast none as far as I know. It is just much easier to move yourself then to make others moves. Especially when Berkut & Katmai are involved.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on March 30, 2009, 11:30:25 AM

G.

Brandywine is where we all started when the game came out.  There is probably nothing wrong with Silverload other then the fact that we didnt start there.

Grallon

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 30, 2009, 11:37:57 AM

Nothing, atleast none as far as I know. It is just much easier to move yourself then to make others moves. Especially when Berkut & Katmai are involved.

I can just imagine yes ...  One thing in favor of Silverlode is that there's no queue and not many people.  If that doesn't sway people then I'll keep my Rune Keeper on Silverlode and reroll something else on Brandywine.

Imagine sharing a kinship house together ! :D

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Syt

Quote from: Grallon on March 30, 2009, 08:20:47 AM
And gods did they do a good job at rendering Middle Earth !  We see clearly the influence of Jackson's movies.

... and Jackson in turn took strong inspiration from "established" artists who had illustrated Middle Earth over the decades. :nerd:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grallon

Quote from: Syt on March 31, 2009, 12:29:19 AM

... and Jackson in turn took strong inspiration from "established" artists who had illustrated Middle Earth over the decades. :nerd:

John Howe, Alan Lee and Ted Nasmith being the most important yes.  I'm glad they chose to take their inspiration from the Nasmith approach (who has an architecture background), rather than from the other 2.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Richard Hakluyt

Anyway Syt, if you do return to LOTRO then I'm currently rather active in Laurelin.

Meanwhile Havard is the big cheese of a large-ish kinship called Tranquillity over on Gilrain  :cool:

Grey Fox

I find myself in needs of Bronze Ingots & I lack the funds to buy them off the AH.

Anyone got some?

Berkut

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 31, 2009, 11:22:40 AM
I find myself in needs of Bronze Ingots & I lack the funds to buy them off the AH.

Anyone got some?

I sent you a few.

But the best way to get them is to make them.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on March 31, 2009, 12:05:14 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 31, 2009, 11:22:40 AM

Anyone got some?

I sent you a few.

But the best way to get them is to make them.

Excellent.

I do not know how, I'm a scholar, weaponsmith & a Farmer.

Weird set up if there's one.