News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Behold Napoleon IV

Started by Josquius, September 08, 2009, 11:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Wasn't Napoleon IV eviscerated by Zulus?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 08, 2009, 03:32:36 PM

Yep.  Poor guy.

Currently we are on Napoleon VII BTW.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2009, 12:56:30 PM
I find it funny that only now, in 2009, the British press can finally admit Napoleon wasn't short after all.

5'6" is still fairly short.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 08, 2009, 03:46:56 PM
5'6" is still fairly short.

You are aware Napoleon lived from 1769 to 1821 right?  That was at the high end of average height back then.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Apparently when Putin wanted a Russian puppet his flunkies took him literally.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Famously, and stupidly on his part.

Zulu country in wartime was a bad place to play the tourist.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2009, 04:16:30 PM
Apparently when Putin wanted a Russian puppet his flunkies took him literally.

No shit.  I would've assumed Medvedev to be 5'11 or so.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I am always so surprised when foreigners are so small.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on September 08, 2009, 04:50:52 PM

:unsure: I thought he acquitted himself well and fought quite bravely?  OTOH even if he didn't, that's what would have been reported.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2009, 12:56:30 PM
I am amazed Silvio is that short.  I thought he was a big boisterous guy myself.
Me too.  Same with Dmitri as well.  Come to think of it I don't think I've ever seen him standing up.

Josquius

Sarko and Belesconi are short but Dmitry...
Well he is only a inch shorter but nonetheless he looks a lot less.
He just looks so...cute and wee. Like a little pixie.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

They look like the demi-human races in D&D. :lol:  God, no wonder the fertility rate in Europe is so low.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tyr on September 08, 2009, 06:19:43 PM
Sarko and Belesconi are short but Dmitry...
Well he is only a inch shorter but nonetheless he looks a lot less.
He just looks so...cute and wee. Like a little pixie.

...And I'm an inch shorter than that. I do not foresee a leadership position on the world stage in my future. :weep:
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on September 08, 2009, 05:54:16 PM
I am always so surprised when foreigners are so small.

No brown people at your local Wal-Mart?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on September 08, 2009, 04:50:52 PM

Yeah he was rather reckless but I think he wanted to die in battle.