The Vienna Cannibals in the Languish Football League (FOF2007)

Started by Syt, September 05, 2009, 02:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

A closer look at the Rhode Island Timmays:

Though according to scouting the strongest team are the Beaners:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Bledsoe to Bruce? That  would be a good tandem. Hershel Walker must be old at this point.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on September 06, 2009, 02:38:04 PM
I would post more comprehensive game reports, but the table format doesn't really lend itself to forum posts. I found an HTML to SMF code converter, but it's still a bit more work than I care for. :( However, I can post summaries as above and links to HTML reports (also as above) for those interested.

I'm interested in anything you can post.

In particular can you link a roster for the Barristers?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Here goes the Yukon starting line up:

And the dates on Walker:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on September 06, 2009, 09:06:08 PM
All your teams pale before the Administrators.

... who lost 48-27 to the Jakarta Blades?

And who allowed this?
Quote3Q: 09:16 JAK - Steve Jackson 101 kickoff return (Chris Jacke extra point)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Preseason, Week 3.

Alberta Administrators 16, Budapest Hackers 13. Alberta's Thiel passes for 192 Yards.

Anchorage Beaners 30, Jerusalem Fighting Camels 11, though Beaners collect 13 penalties against (125 Yards).

Detroit Poets 13, Oslo Misanthropes 37. Rashaan Salaam rushes for 92, scores 2 touchdowns.

England Explorers 10, Stockholm Nukes 17. DT Allen Mascorella voted MVP with three sacks.

Helsinki Lizard Kings 0, Kentucky Legion 24. Helsinki powerless against the Legion's rushing game.

Hong Kong Monos 16, Bangkok Perverts 26. John Carney (4 field goals), DE James Harris win match for Pervs.

Iceland Vikings    3, Baltimore Irish 10. Heath Shueler's touchdown pass decides game.

Madrid Larches 3, Vienna Cannibals 10. Inferior Cannibals win boring game on Ricky Reynolds' last second 56 yard interception return.

Montreal Foxes 6, New York Robins 30. Montreal's passing game useless against Robins runners.

Oxnard Trolls 27, Jakarta Blades 17. Advantage in passing doesn't save the Blades.

Phoenix Golden Eagles 3, Ohio Angermonkeys 16. CB Derwin Gray shines with three interceptions.

Portland Baldies 17, Russia Gulls 9. 2 touchdowns in 3rd Quarter win day for Baldies.

Seoul Admirals 14, San Francisco Grabbers 23. QB Mike Tomczak passes 14/16 for 154 yards.

Texas Frogs 10, Rhode Island Timmays 35. DE Bruce Smith gives Texas offense headaches.

Warsaw Foot Ticklers 10, Venice Padres 16. Scoreless game in first half.

Yukon Barristers 13, Vancouver Crazies 31. Strong passing game by QB Erik Kramer defeats Barristers.
—Stephen Jay Gould

PDH

If it wasn't for Ty Detmer, I would so be an Ohio fan...geez, is there NOBODY to root for?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

See, this is before my time.  I hardly know any of these guys.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 07, 2009, 09:56:29 AM
See, this is before my time.  I hardly know any of these guys.

Same.  I only really came to watching NFL in this decade.