News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obama is A hypnotist now?

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, September 04, 2009, 08:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

For me it's more that I wouldn't want my kids getting the impression that they serve Obama.  He's an elected public servant who serves us.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

ulmont

Quote from: Kleves on September 08, 2009, 10:17:58 AM
QuoteUntil they were hastily revised yesterday, the plans suggested that pupils write letters to themselves on what inspired them about Mr Obama and how they could help to achieve his goals.
This does seem pretty bizarre. I'm not at all surprised that people would object to it.

Only slightly different from George H.W. Bush's address to schoolchildren:
http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu/research/public_papers.php?id=3450&year=1991&month=10

KRonn

QuoteUntil they were hastily revised yesterday, the plans suggested that pupils write letters to themselves on what inspired them about Mr Obama and how they could help to achieve his goals.
This does seem pretty bizarre. I'm not at all surprised that people would object to it.
Yeah, at first there seemed to be enough there to raise some questions, plus anything else lately that's got people so not trusting. Obama may be adding to that, with the perceptions changing towards him. But really this derangement syndrome of our Presidents, any of them, becomes too much.

I find it a good idea of a President addressing the kids with good, positive messages, any President. We've gotten away from that and become such bickerers that it clouds judgment. Of course, just leave out the hypnotics and such.....    ;)

DisturbedPervert

Definitely creepy if true, but expected. 

Caliga

Quote from: from GHWB speechLet me leave you with a simple message: Every time you walk through that classroom door, make it your mission to get a good education. Don't do it just because your parents, or even the President, tells you. Do it for yourselves. Do it for your future. And while you're at it, help a little brother or sister to learn, or maybe even Mom or Dad. Let me know how you're doing. Write me a letter -- and I'm serious about this one -- write me a letter about ways you can help us achieve our goals. I think you know the address.

That sound purely rhetorical, rather than a directed exercise about how everyone should brainstorm ways to help His Majesty The President.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 08, 2009, 10:24:27 AM
For me it's more that I wouldn't want my kids getting the impression that they serve Obama.  He's an elected public servant who serves us.

If my kids are stupid enough to believe everything public officials tell them then they deserve to think they serve Obama.  But kids rarely listen or care what adults tell them so I would not sweat it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 08, 2009, 10:30:17 AM
That sound purely rhetorical, rather than a directed exercise about how everyone should brainstorm ways to help His Majesty The President.

His Highness, the President of the United States and Protector of the Rights of the Same

:John Adams:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

citizen k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgcGlMyAg2g

Shaneen Barron is the mom who can't talk about it without fearing for her child. It's enough to make anyone cry.   :cry:

Ed Anger

Homeschooling your kids is the solution.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

I personally am outraged by Obama encouraging our innocent children to write.  Next thing you know, they will start reading books on their own and maybe even learn about the theory of evolution.  This godless satantic indoctrination of our defenseless babies must stop.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Caliga

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 08, 2009, 10:38:17 AM
I personally am outraged by Obama encouraging our innocent children to write.  Next thing you know, they will start reading books on their own and maybe even learn about the theory of evolution.  This godless satantic indoctrination of our defenseless babies must stop.
Wow, I didn't think about all of that other stuff... you're right.  GOD DAMN OBAMA!!!

Malthus

I'll just say that the furor aroused by this event appears quite bizzare to me and I expect to most non-Americans.  :huh:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

citizen k

Quote from: Malthus on September 08, 2009, 10:41:46 AM
I'll just say that the furor aroused by this event appears quite bizzare to me and I expect to most non-Americans.  :huh:

Why wouldn't it appear bizarre to most Americans?  :huh:

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on September 08, 2009, 10:41:46 AM

It is pretty bizarre to me as well.

Oexmelin

Indeed, especially since the figure of the Presidency, which is the one that usually appears in school, rather than an individual, political Preseident, seems to be seen (or used to be) with a kind of reverence.

What Obama needs now is to single-handedly defeat an attempt to take control over Air Force One or hop into a plane and destroy invading aliens.
Que le grand cric me croque !